• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Nice Series II for sale - SOLD 6/4/21

SteveG

Donation Time
I'm retiring later this year and moving to rural Iowa. The rural gravel roads out there would not be friendly at all to my Alpine, so she must go. I'm posting this here first.

I'm the third owner. She spent her whole life in the Chicago area, so the rust has been fixed...

15 x 6” Panasport wheels
Dunlop Direzza DZ102 205/50R-15 tires
Electronic ignition
Weber 2bbl, Pierce manifold
Recent clutch
All syncro (close ratio, Series III?) transmission
Later series cooling system, auxiliary electric cooling fan
Recent battery
Stereo
Welded roll bar
Hardtop (needs resto)
Gas tank sealed and lined (by prior owner)
Dash pad replaced
5/8” sway bar (not yet installed)
Original owner’s manual, Rootes and Haynes workshop manuals
Rust repaired (frame outriggers, rocker boxes, sheet metal, etc), bumpers rechromed, paint Centari "Black Cherry" etc in 1999
Not driven anywhere near enough, since then
Not perfect but she runs and looks pretty good. I'd say it would be considered a good "driver"
View attachment 18883 View attachment 18884 View attachment 18885 View attachment 18886 View attachment 18887 View attachment 18888 View attachment 18890
Loads of spares and extras: gas tank, trans, rear end(s), steel wheels, brake pads, sales fliers, upgrade tips, etc…

Additional pics and info avail.

$9500.00

(708) 748-0431
(641) 426-0468 cell

SteveG

Donation Time
I'm retiring later this year and moving to rural Iowa. The rural gravel roads out there would not be friendly at all to my Alpine, so she must go. I'm posting this here first.

I'm the third owner. She spent her whole life in the Chicago area, so the rust has been fixed...

15 x 6” Panasport wheels
Dunlop Direzza DZ102 205/50R-15 tires
Electronic ignition
Weber 2bbl, Pierce manifold
Recent clutch
All syncro (close ratio, Series III?) transmission
Later series cooling system, auxiliary electric cooling fan
Recent battery
Stereo
Welded roll bar
Hardtop (needs resto)
Gas tank sealed and lined (by prior owner)
Dash pad replaced
5/8” sway bar (not yet installed)
Original owner’s manual, Rootes and Haynes workshop manuals
Rust repaired (frame outriggers, rocker boxes, sheet metal, etc), bumpers rechromed, paint Centari "Black Cherry" etc in 1999
Not driven anywhere near enough, since then
Not perfect but she runs and looks pretty good. I'd say it would be considered a good "driver"
View attachment 18883 View attachment 18884 View attachment 18885 View attachment 18886 View attachment 18887 View attachment 18888 View attachment 18890
Loads of spares and extras: gas tank, trans, rear end(s), steel wheels, brake pads, sales fliers, upgrade tips, etc…

Additional pics and info avail.

$9500.00

(708) 748-0431
(641) 426-0468 cell
Is your alpine still available? Can you send more photos to me at stevencgordon@gmail.com? Anything that is known not to be working? Thanks.

racerguy99

Donation Time
Hi, are you interested in selling the steel wheels? If they are in good shape, that is!
Sure. What are they worth to you? I have four. I'm near Chicago, and shipping would be expensive. You can pick 'em up.

Attachments

• Alpine wheels.jpg
    Alpine wheels.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 32

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
I recently had a set of steel wheels shipped USPS. It wasn't from ebay, and I can't find the invoice, but it wasn't no where near as expensive as I thought it'd be. I even had an engine block shipped by USPS about the same time (that I don't have an invoice for, or from ebay), but I remember that, also, as not being very expensive. I think the block was only 110 lbs, well within their limit. Rims would be even less weight, but bigger package.

racerguy99

Donation Time
I recently had a set of steel wheels shipped USPS. It wasn't from ebay, and I can't find the invoice, but it wasn't no where near as expensive as I thought it'd be. I even had an engine block shipped by USPS about the same time (that I don't have an invoice for, or from ebay), but I remember that, also, as not being very expensive. I think the block was only 110 lbs, well within their limit. Rims would be even less weight, but bigger package.

How many wheels per box?

61Beamer

Donation Time
Sure. What are they worth to you? I have four. I'm near Chicago, and shipping would be expensive. You can pick 'em up.

Lol, I guess that depends on how nice they are? Are there decent tires on them? My husband is wire brushing the one I have and thinks they will be "fine"... Are yours nicer than mine?

racerguy99

Donation Time
These were on a roller car I used, to build my V8 ThunderPine. Never drove on them. They look fine, but need blasting. No tires. Give me a zip code and on Monday, I'll bet a quote on shipping them to ya.

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
How many wheels per box?

I don't remember if it was one or two boxes, but I think there's a size and weight limit, and if it's within those limits, it gets delivered. The block was in one box (obviously), and I don't think all four wheels weighed more than 110 lbs, so one or two boxed would have been a size limit only. I was surprised at how cheap USPS was.

benzman

Donation Time
(8/22/20)
Retirement looming closer. If you are interested at all, I'll consider offers. I'd rather see it go to someone here, rather than let a broker have at it, or worse - FleaBay.

if car is still available, pls contact me by email with many more photos, known issues and any major or minor work needed to make it a presentable summertime driver. I need a car now as my summertime driving season has just started and does not last much past first of march. I am a very realistic and reasonable buyer, trying to relive the 1960 I bought new so many year ago!
text or call to 602.509.2550

watisit

Diamond Level Sponsor
It was being sold by Gateway classics. On there website it is showing as sold. Cheers