• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

door limiter rivet

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I had to drill mine out to remove the door limiters when I painted.

What have you guys done to replace the rivet/pivot for the door limiter slide between the two hinges?
Sorry in advance if my nomenclature is wrong.

I have a lathe and can make a rivet, just not sure how to crush the end so the pin cant fall out.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Rootes, Your question should have a ready answer by me, in that I have restored two Alpines, but I can't remember what I did.

I'll have a look later today. Hope you get an answer sooner,

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Grind the head of a slotted screw until it looks like the old rivet, then, lock tight the thinest nut you can find on the bottom. Done.

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
It's not as big as 1/4" - #10 or #12 I would say. I have a good supply of aircraft nuts and bolts in the small sizes. They have pretty flat heads and I also had some pretty thin nuts. No clearance issues. Not sure if standard stuff would fit or not.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
It's not as big as 1/4" - #10 or #12 I would say. I have a good supply of aircraft nuts and bolts in the small sizes. They have pretty flat heads and I also had some pretty thin nuts. No clearance issues. Not sure if standard stuff would fit or not.

I found a pin that fits the limiter mount and its 1/4". #10 and even #12 would be loosie-goosie for replacing the rivet.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I think I will make a pin with a short flat head and cut a groove for an e-clip so it stays close in appearance to the original.
Thx all for your help.