• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Transmission Rebuild

JSLoeffl

Gold Level Sponsor
Does anyone know who and where I can get a 1967 Series V all-synchro transmission rebuilt? I believe it may need some new synchronizers etc. Need to shift from 1st to 2nd very slowly and methodically so it doesn't grind! I'm a little mechanically inclined, but do not wish to take on this type of rebuild. I am located in North Dakota, but I am willing to take it where ever I need to. All suggestions are welcome.
Joey

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
Joey,
There are five videos on The Sunbeam Alpine Channel on YouTube that lead you through the entire strip down and rebuild process step-by-step if you decide that you do want to give it a go yourself. If you want it done by a true expert then John 'The Box" Roseby in England is your man. People send their gearboxes to him from all over the World and he rebuids them to as new standard. He has the expertise and all the required parts and does several every week.

Best Wishes,

Tim R

alpine_64

Donation Time
If you were going to pay someone to rebuild... Id invest in a rebuilt Overdrive trans from jeff haworth in the UK.