• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Moonstone

studmobile

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have searched in multiple places, both online and in my books and cannot find a good example of Moonstone. I have seen the paint shop color swatches, but they are difficult to really evaluate. I am considering it for a repaint, and was interested in particular in comparing it with Balmoral Grey. Any help appreciated.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Contact Jumpinjan on the forum. He has samples of almost every paint color mixed ups and sprayed them on DVDs. Any paint shop should be able to scan the sample and custom mix the paint from that.

moonstone SIV

Donation Time
Moonstone in OE form is a very, very, VERY pale blue. Balmoral Grey is quite different and also rare. Seeing it on an actual Alpine/Tiger suggests why few owners ticked that swatch when placing an order....

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Moonstone in OE form is a very, very, VERY pale blue. Balmoral Grey is quite different and also rare. Seeing it on an actual Alpine/Tiger suggests why few owners ticked that swatch when placing an order....
Color description is mostly true. Moonstone also contains a dollop of gray. Like a lot of Rootes colors, it is very difficult to describe, even harder to match.

My Series II of 50+ years ago was Moonstone and I like it. Even considered it for the Duratec, but decided it was going to be a high miles road car and we needed a highly visible color, hence the in your face Metallic Orange.
Bill

Moonstone

Donation Time
For whatever reason, my original owner (in SoCal at the time) chose Balmoral Grey. Maybe it was the blue interior versus the red paired with Moonstone. Today the aged paint looks as near Moonstone as Balmoral Grey. Photo: Summer run-around in Fairbanks, Alaska. Melinda