• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New rims?

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
That price works out to about the same per wheel. I would suggest using the best of your steel wheels as a spare. Why spend money on something that (hopefully) will only ever be sitting in the trunk. The John Brown Wheels come with stems and lug nuts - they are included in the price.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Lol, I already have "pretty tore up" ones. Hoping to find nice ones... Thanks for the tip!
I wasnt suggesting you to buy those, just showing you what they look like.

Check your local wrecking yard, those wheels are pretty common on 70s capri as most came from the factory with them.

Personally unless they were restored or in really nice shape I would not spend over $120 for a set of 4.

61Beamer

Donation Time
It's funny, all the years I've owned cars I have NEVER looked at the wheels. My family has had some pretty interesting cars, from a Checker cab to a TR3 and everything in-between. A Studebaker, 40 Chevy, a couple of old Falcons and Dodges. Just never occured to me to notice, as long as they held air!

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
The Pinto/ Mustang II slotted alloy wheels have been used a few times, I think. They used to be common and inexpensive - not sure about now.

This is a not so great picture, but it gives an idea.

upload_2021-4-3_17-46-8.jpeg

61Beamer

Donation Time
I am toying with the idea of changing the rims on my 1965 Series IV. Right now they are the original 13 inch sloted rims and I was thinking of Maybe Panasport. I do not want to change the size to a 14 or 15, just keep the same new tires. Any suggestions? Anyone have a set they want to part with? Please no 14 or 15 inch..
BTW...they do not have to be Panasport...many thanks

Hi, any luck finding new/different rims? I'm still looking. Please let me know if you find anything promising or if you want to sell your current rims and/or tires. My current rims and tires are not saveable.
Thanks!