• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New rims?

jerseyjoe

Donation Time
I am toying with the idea of changing the rims on my 1965 Series IV. Right now they are the original 13 inch sloted rims and I was thinking of Maybe Panasport. I do not want to change the size to a 14 or 15, just keep the same new tires. Any suggestions? Anyone have a set they want to part with? Please no 14 or 15 inch..
BTW...they do not have to be Panasport...many thanks

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
I am toying with the idea of changing the rims on my 1965 Series IV. Right now they are the original 13 inch sloted rims and I was thinking of Maybe Panasport. I do not want to change the size to a 14 or 15, just keep the same new tires. Any suggestions? Anyone have a set they want to part with? Please no 14 or 15 inch..
BTW...they do not have to be Panasport...many thanks

What size "same new tires" do you have? The proper wheel width will depend on the cross section width of the tires.

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
John Brown Wheels out of the UK - very nice wheels at a very good price, even with shipping factored in.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Heaps of s/hand wheels on ebay... Do a search for 13" 4x108 or 4x4.25

60s small fords, 70s mustang, 70s fiat and Porsche 924 and 90s saab used them

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I was going to recommend "superlite" wheels which used to be a very affordable option to minilites, but these have snuck up in price....

alpine_64

Donation Time
I was going to recommend "superlite" wheels which used to be a very affordable option to minilites, but these have snuck up in price....
Yup... The mfg changed...they were NLA for a while then the new owners bumped them. The superlites were my preference for the stepped rim design at the lip.. Always liked their look

61Beamer

Donation Time
Yes, shipping is almost as much as the rim cost... Any other ideas? I got 175/70 R13 thin whitewalls but pretty sure I can return them if I find something else.

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
The wheels with chrome valve stems and chrome lug nuts including shipping was $430 U.S. I would guess that the cost for someone to sandblast, true-up and paint/powder coat a set of original wheels would not be far off from that (to do a good job). Then you need hub caps and trim rings (and have to like that look). Have you checked with any body shops to get a price to have the wheels refurbished?

61Beamer

Donation Time
The wheels with chrome valve stems and chrome lug nuts including shipping was $430 U.S. I would guess that the cost for someone to sandblast, true-up and paint/powder coat a set of original wheels would not be far off from that (to do a good job). Then you need hub caps and trim rings (and have to like that look). Have you checked with any body shops to get a price to have the wheels refurbished?
Wow, maybe I'm doing something wrong ordering. My price for 5 with shipping is 440 pounds. I guess for 5 that's about the same. I should get valve stems also? Sorry for so many questions...! Thanks for the help!

61Beamer

Donation Time
Wow, maybe I'm doing something wrong ordering. My price for 5 with shipping is 440 pounds. I guess for 5 that's about the same. I should get valve stems also? Sorry for so many questions...! Thanks for the help!
Should I get the lug nuts also?

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Hi, not sure what you mean by that..! Sorry!
Rostyle wheels, common for late 60s early 70s british cars. They are original equipment for 72 to 77 mercury capris (which shares our 4x108mm bolt pattern) so they are relatively common and inexpensive.