• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

WANTED TO BUY late Series 5 bumper mounted license lights

hmihm

Donation Time
WANTED TO BUY:
late Series 5 bumper mounted license lights
please call me at 262-783-4657
thanks

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I don't think you need the original bumper, I haven't seen them up close, but I think they use the same lights as the bracketed light assembly
Maybe just punch/drill the 1inch holes and mount the two lights?
Jan
Also, I'm suspicious those internal lighted bumpers were dealer replacements. I have seen a few Series Vs with them but little, if any, on the Mk-II Tigers.

Last edited:

hmihm

Donation Time
I don't think you need the original bumper, I haven't seen them up close, but I think they use the same lights as the bracketed light assembly
Maybe just punch/drill the 1inch holes and mount the two lights?
Jan
Also, I'm suspicious those internal lighted bumpers were dealer replacements. I have seen a few Series Vs with them but little, if any, on the Mk-II Tigers.
Jan, i have an original bumper with the light assemblies missing . only the last 2, 000 or so Alpines had this setup.
Mk-II Tigers never had it. only late Alpines. the 2nd photo shows a late Series 5 Alpine with the lights i need
heres what i have:IMG_4210.JPG

Attachments

• 67-Sunbeam_Alpine-White-DV_08-MO1-02.jpg
    67-Sunbeam_Alpine-White-DV_08-MO1-02.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 18

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Check out Moss Motors under MGB license plate lights-they look similar.

rixter

Gold Level Sponsor
According to the Changes in Production section on this website.. B395016692 – Bumper mounted rear license plate lights first appear. 8/67.

I recall having a whole bumper with these type of lights mounted in it, but would have to go dig. I too thought it was a Tiger item.

Here is an internet photo showing what you are referring to.

Rick

license light late Series 5.jpg

rixter

Gold Level Sponsor
OK, I dug... and I found it. The bumper is rough, so I don't feel bad about parting out the original Lucas lights. One of the light "shrouds" has cracks in it. Otherwise these look usable and if you got nothing now, a certain step up. PM me and I can send more photos to see if you want them.

Rick

P1170109.JPG P1170113.JPG