• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

My Last drive of 2020

dansun22

Silver Level Sponsor
As you can see from my profile picture, my series 3 - 1963 - was in a front end accident. This was before I bought it and had it shipped across Canada to my home in the mountains. I have been working on it for the last 3 summers and this year I took her on the road a couple times. The last time I removed the roof. As I drove down no. 1 highway I saw the mountains as never before. They seemed to spill into the car. Unbelieveable experience! 3 days ago we got 6 inches of snow. No way the car will start until next spring! But Ah the memories! I envy my fair weather friends in the south.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'm glad you were able to get your Alpine back on the road.

You now have the winter to dream pleasant dreams of "drives to come" :)

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
Wow, that's a lot of damage to ship a car all that way, got any pics of it now? Here it's just too damn cold to drive an Alpine, no snow yet.

dansun22

Silver Level Sponsor
Hillman, this is how I bought it. So the big dents were all out. After extensive discussions with the owner I picked her up for $5k "as is" canadian. Thats about $1.98 American.

dansun22

Silver Level Sponsor
dansun22, you meant $3.98 USD.? Using a 30% exchange rate.
hi Bluenose, Yes Jon Gale was a previous owner. We talked and met up here in Alberta. He is a great car enthusiast and he was very generous with his knowledge. He also shipped me some extra parts for the car.

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
Hillman, this is how I bought it. So the big dents were all out. After extensive discussions with the owner I picked her up for $5k "as is" canadian. Thats about $1.98 American.
That's a nice job pulling it back into shape. Not a lot left for you to do. Exchange rate seems funny, to get $5k C, I'd have to pay $1.44 US here in Sask.

dansun22

Silver Level Sponsor
That's a nice job pulling it back into shape. Not a lot left for you to do. Exchange rate seems funny, to get $5k C, I'd have to pay $1.44 US here in Sask.
well I was being sarcastic, sorry for the misunderstanding....