• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Needed: front conv top header series 3,4 5

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
I'm looking for a Convertible top frame front "HEADER" for a series 3, 4. - I only want the part that is clamped to the windshield frame, do Not need the rest. I'm working on a "Project". Anyone remember What a "CARSON TOP" Is ??? If you have a front a HEADER in almost any cond. (I'll fix whatever is "ailing" it, rust, bent, etc), please contact me. thanks

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
I do remember the "CARSON TOP" on my 1939 Ford Hollywood Custom Chopped 3"with a '40 ford front end, 2 speed rear end and '48 Merc flathead V8 with 3/4 cam and triple Strombergs. Blew six '39 straight tooth transmission before putting in a helical geared '40 ford tranny with Hurst shifter kit.

upload_2021-2-4_21-22-46.png

I will look to see if I have what you need.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
AH, A 1940 FORD COUPE WAS MY VERY FIRST CAR WHEN I WAS 16. Promtly removed the flathead and a small block chevy went in ( had a cracked block) . LOL So, you understand just what i need and why i need it ! thank you.

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Front header will be an excellent start for a "Carson Top". Framing after that with electrical conduit of copper pipe.
Great project for the winter. I say do it.
BTW I have a header but You will likely find one closer to Florida than Canada.
Bob

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Front header will be an excellent start for a "Carson Top". Framing after that with electrical conduit of copper pipe.
Great project for the winter. I say do it.
BTW I have a header but You will likely find one closer to Florida than Canada.
Bob
I agree Bob. Fonz has me thinking now. Like I need another project???

Wayne67vert

Donation Time
Fonz, you have given me an idea to do the same. Hardtops are out of my price range. I'm sure I can make one, just need to find the time.

Did you get a windshield glass for the frame I sent you?

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
Fonz, you have given me an idea to do the same. Hardtops are out of my price range. I'm sure I can make one, just need to find the time.

Did you get a windshield glass for the frame I sent you?

never got a Glass as of yet. ($$). you can make a "removable" Canvas, or vinyl covered "lift off top", framing it with 3/4" angle and 3/8" round rod, the rear section fastening to the trunk hinges and behind the door jam as the hard top does. I haven't decided if the rear window will be plastic or plexi. getting close. thanks for the windshield frame. Lou

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
Tops about 80% "Framed". going to look something like a Sunbeam HARDTOP (with side 1/4 windows), but canvas. the header worded out great.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
almost done. still need to make side 1/4 windows and rear glass, but tops on. will post when I figure how to post pix on here.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
I posted pictures of the TOP in one of my "other threads". now I cannot find the pictures in my computer to re-post them here !

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Fonz: nice work on this top. Style looks great especially from the rear shot.
I'm impressed.
Thanks to Greg for flipping the photos over to this thread.
Bob