• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Harrington Le Mans rear hatch glass needed

Bobbytriumph

Donation Time
My shop broke my rear hatch glass. Am I doomed? Is it the same as anything else? Does anybody have one to sell? Very depressed. Car is getting close ! Thanks for any suggestions.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
That's almost the worst thing which can happen when restoring a HLM. Pls. contact Rootes Parts in Holland and check whether they have any left. In fact they did a very limited repro run of 5 pcs. earlier for which I provided my original glass as a master ;)

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Could you perhaps make a late hard top window fit? Curvature looks the same for pictures I've seen....

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
There's a shop in Burbank that has a kiln and made Hollywood movie car screens. They made an AS1 laminated hard top rear window for my business partner and 10 pals. There's also the guys who make the custom airplane screens in Long Beach.

Bobbytriumph

Donation Time
Thank you for the replies. Trying a classic glass guy on strong recommendation who measures the needed curve and cuts one from a larger windscreen. Fingers crossed and will post result. IF ANYONE HAS ONE I’M STILL A BUYER. Thanks to all.

Bobbytriumph

Donation Time
Good luck. The curvature is very specific...
Dear Bernd_st : I am not shying away from paying whatever I need to for the glass and I do not intend to go for a cheaper alternative like plexi. I simply cannot find a piece. I found no listing for Rootes Parts in Holland. If you have that listing, please let me know. Thanks again. This will get done. This shop made a Saab windshield by finding a larger screen with the correct curve and cutting it out. I dont think the Harrington rear will be that unique. (HOPE runs eternal).

Bobbytriumph

Donation Time
Correct approach. I was talking exact spec glass. Check under https://www.rootesparts.com/
Send them an eMail. Not sure whether they still have a piece left, but worth to give it a try....
OK you got me there!! Thank you. The website is a little quirky but it does indicate that they have the Harrington Le Mans rear hatch screen in stock and can ship worldwide in a crate. I have asked for a quote for glass plus crating and shipping. I will let you know when they reply. Thank you again so much!!!

Bobbytriumph

Donation Time
Hope they still have one left for you. All the best...
I am hopeful as their stock sheet showed green in stock. As we both know, cost is not an issue it is always availability. Keep me posted on any other reproductions that may occur as I still need one spear for the front and both rear quarter panel moldings and drop down "hockey sticks". Other than that it is so far, coming along very well. It should be driveable and reaady for interior trim in about 6 weeks. All the best.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Hope to see you at SUNI this Sept for the Harrington's 60th birthday!

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
As of now, we are still planning on it being held. The first go/no go decision is in June, which is when money starts to get spent on event collateral, but the final decision will have to be made in August if we want to avoid paying any hotel penalties. The event will only be held in 2021 if it is safe for us to travel by then. If not, we'll all start to plan for 2022.