• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

OD Transmission

jfcroni

Donation Time
My Series V has a non-synchro (1st gear) 4 speed. I'd like to upgrade to a full synchro with OD. Any ideas on this? Anyone have one?

Last edited:

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Contact Jeff Howarth, jeff.v8tiger@gmail . He sells a complete kit with a rebuilt O/D
and is pretty reasonable. I've had many dealings with him over the years with great results.

Cheers!
Steve

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'm not sure that's his current e-mail. You might want to send him a PM instead.

Tom

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Jeff can take a little while to respond to emails as he travels. Give him another prod in a week or so.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Will probably look in the US for one. Would think I'd be looking at a huge shipping cost.
Finding an OD trans stateside might be hard.. A fully rebuilt one.. Even harder.
The peace of mind of one of jeffs trans is probably worth the cost of shipping ;)

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Will probably look in the US for one. Would think I'd be looking at a huge shipping cost.

Jeffs kit was somewhere in the $2500 range and that included shipping to my door. When I spoke with him a few months
ago he has a couple of kits in stock.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
They will fit, but you'll have to use a different flywheel and clutch. Also 1st gear is non-synchro.

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
John Roseby may be an alternative source (also in UK). He worked for Laycocks building overdrives all his working life and restores them with people sending their gearboxes to him from all over the World. His E Mail is johnroseby@outlook.com
Tim R