• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1962 SII restpraton complete

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
On January 1, 2020 I turned over the 1725cc engine I built for my restored 1962 Sunbeam alpine. I now have 545 miles on the engine run-in and expect to have the final 1,00 miles completed by this week end. It runs beautifully. I did all of the restoration work myself except for the paint job. Many of you helped me over the past three years with advice and parts. Thank you all. Attached are a few photos of the car.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 91

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mike,

Car looks great! You should be very proud, and I'm sure you are, of your dedication and hard work that went into making this Alpine yours!

Enjoy many, many more fun miles!!
Cheers!
Steve

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Great looking car, Mike. Bet you never thought the car would require so much work. I've found it gives you a special pride in the car and yourself.

Bill

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mike, I'm proud of you for an excellent restoration accomplishment.

Keep'em-on-the-Road

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Great job. Looks beautiful. Isn't it a great feeling to drive a car that you have personally invested so much work in? Even better than eating home grown vegetables!

By the way, I noticed you took a couple pics with your Covid mask hanging on the steering column. I guess that will always be a reminder of the difficult period when you finished it!

Tom

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Mike, with your sterling accomplishment I feel a serious upsurge in my commitment to get the 1962 #41 Sebring Sunbeam On-The-Road/Track.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Nice job! Thanks for helping to continue the lifetime of this car and the marque.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Your PIC with the Covid mask....will always be a reminder of the difficult period we are living thru.

I propose your Beautiful Alpine be included in the 2021 calendar...... How about it Guys?

62SNBMR

Gold Level Sponsor
Great job! I have the twin! My 62 is red with steel wheels. Need to complete my hardtop. Wondering how the red top would look and now I know! Thanks for posting.

windlessdog

Donation Time
Yep just like a few people above I've wondered how the hard top would look in white or matching the rest of the body and I must say it looks fantastic in the body colour , you've done a great job.

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks for the Kudos, fellows. Bill, I wasn't surprised at the amount of work it took, but I was surprised at how long it took me to get it all done. jdoclogan, tenacity is the name of the game to get your 1962 #41 Sebring Sunbeam On-The-Road/Track. Thanks, DanR for recommending my car for the 2021 calendar. What an honor that would be. I will undoubtedly be back for your advise as I plan to drive the car regularly and that usually means things will need to be tweaked from time to time. You fellows are my fallback position on how to manage all things Alpine.