• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Loading pictures

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Okay gang, the site now loads my photos. The problem is it plops them all together at the end of the text, making it impossible to comment on individual photos. Is that just the way it is and is going to be? I feel that without the ability to comment, I might as well drop a gang of photos with just a heading, such as "Leaf spring love and attention".

Bill

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Still can't load my own photos in a Private Message.

That feature hasn’t be turned on. There’s a limit to how big the site’s database can be, and photos in messages would eat that up too fast. It was decided that if you need to share photos, you can move the conversation to email or use one of the image-sharing services.

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Okay gang, the site now loads my photos. The problem is it plops them all together at the end of the text, making it impossible to comment on individual photos. Is that just the way it is and is going to be? I feel that without the ability to comment, I might as well drop a gang of photos with just a heading, such as "Leaf spring love and attention".

Bill

To control how the images appear, you can click the “Thumbnail” or “Full Image” buttons near the photos. Do nothing and they’re a pile at the bottom of your post. Here’s a full image of the side of my white car.
D554D2D4-121D-42FF-8009-E95C52398A9B.jpeg

And here’s a photo of the rear of the car.
97255ED5-0FB9-447A-B34D-52F3727C9A3E.jpeg

Down here is a thumbnail of the front of the same car. People can click on it and make it bigger.

576DB947-F9E5-41F6-8625-B63B3417CA69.jpeg

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
This seems like as good a place as any to mention that I’ve changed the language at the bottom of the little box where you post things.

Up until a few minutes ago, the thing you clicked to post an image said, “Upload a File.” It was pointed out to me that that language might be unclear. So I’ve changed it to, “Post Image(s).”

Hopefully this helps folks find the button more easily. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

911tr8r

Gold Level Sponsor
what is max size of image. Can't post pics that folks r telling would really help. My av pic is 3 mgs in JPEG

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
what is max size of image. Can't post pics that folks r telling would really help. My av pic is 3 mgs in JPEG
There is no image size limit. However, to save database space, the software is set to automatically downsize them to a maximum of 3500 pixels tall or wide if I recall. The attached image was on my phone at >3MB, and the software downsized it to 1.3MB.

So there must be something else going on.

Attachments

• IMG_0138.jpeg
    IMG_0138.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24

JR66

Gold Level Sponsor
Also, when you want to look at an image that is already posted make sure you double click on it to see it larger size and clearer. Consider the one in the post to be like a so-called thumbnail image.

911tr8r

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks and great car! Detailer told me to hide roof scratches by having changed to white. My car is Commodore blue. What think?

Attachments

• 20230422_132951.jpg
    20230422_132951.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 21