• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

AND SO THE FUN BEGINS

loose_electron

Donation Time
Probably should look at the post again says .080 aluminum!
Ah, ally - ok got it. Need more coffee. When I did my dashboard I wanted something more durable than varnished wood, so I went with a wood pattern Formica. The satin black with instruments should look bad-assed.

I do so enjoy following the builds here and seeing the innovative way people find to do things.

Charles Johns

Donation Time
Nice setup. Is that the new copper-bronze-exotic metal brake line? A street rod guy had to prove it was not copper only to a tech inspector.

Charles Johns

Donation Time
Using an automatic overdrive allows the use of the clutch area for the master, but I prefer the Wilwood. It does make for more room between gas and brake but driving an auto is just not the same fun factor as a standard...but the wife drives also. I'll admit, in traffic the auto is nice though. Did you fab your own steering crossbar?

Attachments

• IMG_2266.JPG
    IMG_2266.JPG
    688.2 KB · Views: 40

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
The steering crossbar is the V6 Jose supplied part. This car will use a T5 trans.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
Omega from Speedway Motors I'm thinking it's their deal all electric by the way. Comes with all the senders except for the Speedo there's a Ford one with the gear box well get a plug and see if it works.
So, they are not 4" gauges? I went to the speedway website, and I didnt see a set from Omega with 4" speedo and tach.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
They are 3.375 guages they have 4" available but I believe they are some other color Tan,White? Not black like was wanted!
I have not been able to find any 4" gauges from omega in any color on the web site. I may have to make a phone call.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I dont disagree, the gauges look good, but they wont fit the 4" holes in my dash. Making one from scratch like Joel has done gives you more options.

Charles Johns

Donation Time
Joel, I probably missed the discussion but are there any tire issues doing this? Engine heat should be greatly reduced plus it looks COOL as anything.

Charles Johns

Donation Time
Great, I will assume there are zero tire issues. Looking at your first picture I could see what looks like the front brake rotor, and the car is unweighted, I think. With tires mounted I wondered if there was possible clearance problems there. My front crossmember is removed so I could not look for myself.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Joel, will it be a flush edge to the guard.. Or would you/ nick consider a tapered lip that blends out to the rear like the HSC55 car?