• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Now for something just a little bit different...

Stormbringer

Donation Time
With all the discussion on axles and rear suspensions I thought I'd show what I've been up to. Most of the replacement axles mentioned on the board(ford 8", dana 44, etc) are scarce as hens teeth up here in WI, so I went the GM route and used '95 camaro axle with 3.42 gears and posi. Narrowed about 18" and new brackets for shocks, control arms, panhard rod etc. An S10 axle would work for a leaf spring set ups. Some my poo-poo the gm 7.5 axles but I've road raced them with engines over 375 hp and never had a problem. Drag racing with a heavy car and sticky tires may be a different animal, but this car will have a round 220hp and similar torque numbers.IMG_0140.JPG IMG_0141.JPG

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
With all the discussion on axles and rear suspensions I thought I'd show what I've been up to. Most of the replacement axles mentioned on the board(ford 8", dana 44, etc) are scarce as hens teeth up here in WI, so I went the GM route and used '95 camaro axle with 3.42 gears and posi. Narrowed about 18" and new brackets for shocks, control arms, panhard rod etc. An S10 axle would work for a leaf spring set ups. Some my poo-poo the gm 7.5 axles but I've road raced them with engines over 375 hp and never had a problem. Drag racing with a heavy car and sticky tires may be a different animal, but this car will have a round 220hp and similar torque numbers.View attachment 20540 View attachment 20541
Torque arm and wats linkage

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Looks like you made a lot of progress in a year. I have a 8" 67 Mustang housing & axles i would like to part with. What V6 are you using?

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Strombringer,
I like the direction you are going, this car will hook up very nicely. It looks like you already set the pinion angle as I don't see any adjustment on you Torque arm. Very nice manifold modification!

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
That looks great and I like your lathe, here's mine.
RIMG1450-XL.jpg

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
It is, my friend had it still new in the boxes from 1964 sitting in his shop. I did install new bearing and belt, the original belt still had the label on it. I just built the stand for it.
RIMG1347-XL.jpg

RIMG1337-XL.jpg

RIMG1339-XL.jpg