• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Harbor Freight Jack Stands Recalled

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Fortunately I’d bought the aluminum ones... thankfully they’re not recalled.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have one recalled set, one not recalled. I've ordered new ones , not HF, and depending on
what they are giving ( supposed "retail" value) I may just keep them for painting purposes.
I don't go under a car when doing that and they do have a nice height.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have one recalled set, one not recalled. I've ordered new ones , not HF, and depending on
what they are giving ( supposed "retail" value) I may just keep them for painting purposes.
I don't go under a car when doing that and they do have a nice height.

Steve,

If you keep them, please make sure they don't wind up in someone else's unsuspecting hands years from now ...

Mike

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Steve,

If you keep them, please make sure they don't wind up in someone else's unsuspecting hands years from now ...

Mike

Don't worry Mike, I replace these things every 5 years or so, just because!

Cheers!
Steve

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Update, told my Wife my plans for the recalled stands and got a definitive NO.
Guess they're going back!

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Here’s the problem HF is experiencing. Bad one on the top, good one on the bottom. I think you can see the problem.

BF466190-8153-44-AA-BBF1-57-C568-CBB1-EC.jpg

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I am going to get a set of these Esco jack stands. They also make a version of them with a flat rubber cushioned top. I like the locking pins to hold them in place. They are highly rated.Esco jack stand.JPG

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
The ESCO's are really nice, a bit pricey though. I bought a set that are a bit more conventional
but also have the locking pin. I think those are important!