• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

White walls

Limey

Donation Time
Hi all,

I just thought I'd pass this on ( no connections etc). I tried some new cleaner last week. The white wall cleaner for Race Glaze (UK) was excellent. Their rubber trim and tyre dressing was not the normal shiny silicon stuff that sits on top and goes brown in a few weeks but a solvent gel that actually gets into the rubber and repairs the micro cracks. I have to say it worked really well. It dries matt like the rubber which I prefer. It's shiny in the pic because I've just applied the second coat.
Oliver
IMG_3032.JPG

moonstone SIV

Donation Time
Thanks for the tip! You're right, most tyre dressing products leave the surface a greasy mess no matter how much it's buffed after application.

How have you found the Goodrich crossplies from a driving point of view? I ran a S3a Minx briefly with ye olde style rubber and even low speed round a bouts became a handful. They used to flat spot badly when cold too...

Limey

Donation Time
Thanks for the tip! You're right, most tyre dressing products leave the surface a greasy mess no matter how much it's buffed after application.

How have you found the Goodrich crossplies from a driving point of view? I ran a S3a Minx briefly with ye olde style rubber and even low speed round a bouts became a handful. They used to flat spot badly when cold too...

Bloody awful. How my parents survived to breed I have no idea. Guess they just pootled about at 40. I can get a full on cop chase squeal at 35mph on a roundabout quite safely. Entertaining but very predictable and safe. As Shakespeare penned it- 'All sound and fury, signifying nothing'