• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Brake parts

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Your right, 15 " wheels might be the norm. 14" wheels we used an 11" rotor. The ones I did years ago used a 10.25 x .75 rotor, they fit inside all wheels.

Charles Johns

Donation Time
It looks like there is a lot of room under the Alpine dash...but the air-box takes up much of it. The heater core, air intake for vents, and drains use lots of area that seems wasted to me. Anyone remove the big box? I paint my under dash area white for future ease of working once the dash is back in place. My Hot Rod heater is about 7" x 7" x 7" with a defrost outlet on each side and the air intake on top. The Alpine motor works but I do not trust the core, so I will change it to the Hot Rod heater. It is a much simpler unit also. A simple cable operated water shutoff under the hood and a 2-speed switch makes it work. As small as the interior is a 7" x 7" x 2" heater core should be plenty. I may make a "U" return for summer driving but allowing better water circulation. I will need to make under dash mods for sure if I run AC. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_2278.JPG
    IMG_2278.JPG
    751.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2281.JPG
    IMG_2281.JPG
    542.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2284.JPG
    IMG_2284.JPG
    669.2 KB · Views: 29

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
download (1).jpeg 4398180934_42a4554e48_o.jpg Bill, I will try to do the vented rotor and stock caliper spacers like the Capri guys do. I'm looking at 91-97 Honda Accord rotors. 4 cylinder cars used a 10.2 diameter rotor V6 LX and EX used a 11.1 rotor.

Last edited:

spmdr

Diamond Level Sponsor
Seems there is a problem with Brake parts getting stuck in someones Dash in this thread? ...Mods?

Bottom line: there was a BIG number of stock type* rotors made several years ago, so they SHOULD still be available.

* made thicker than stock (.500).

Last edited:

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Gordon and I pointed out that Victoria British and Classic Sunbeam are selling stock rotor replacements. However, I get the impression that finding new replacements for the stock rotors is no longer of interest. All good.

Mike

Charles Johns

Donation Time
Okay, Okay, Okay, maybe I posted in the wrong thread...maybe, not sure...I'm 76 and make lots of mistakes, but I am still building...I just take longer.

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
They are available from Speedy Spares here in UK for £90 a pair. You may have difficulty contacting them at present due to the Covid-19 lockdown.

Charles Johns

Donation Time
I am rebuilding my stock brakes with new parts. Because I am not building a racer I don't feel I need bigger brakes just good ones. A dual chamber master, good turned rotors and drums, new wheel cylinders, pads and shoes, plus all new lines should suffice. I'll build a wood dash with a glovebox that locks, which I think is needed in an open car. A new heater placed where I want it, a nice Radio/CD/USB with 4 speakers, cruise-control, comfy seats, extra interior insulation, and maybe Air Conditioning. My shop is in my backyard and that is about as far as I am supposed to travel as an old person with health problems.