• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

A lovely Rapier on CL in NJ

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Saw this little gem today. Price is probably a wee bit more than the market will bear, IMHO, but they are so rare in this condition that perhaps it’s worth it to a true enthusiast.

https://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/d/red-bank-1960-sunbeam-rapier/7094212100.html

23580-F0-C-5348-44-D2-9-F4-E-7-C53-CDFB6-D9-F.jpg

B3-EC976-F-5573-469-E-858-C-CD7-D1700-DA29.jpg

08-F2-CAB4-9-D4-E-4-E18-9548-195-DF41-D37-FD.jpg

39-F5-C681-736-E-4212-9-F7-F-6-FBAE6-BA2258.jpg

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Didn't know that you had a S1. Gearbox Oil on the carpet may happen but what a great method to check oil level without lying in the dirt ;-)

65beam

Donation Time
Didn't know that you had a S1. Gearbox Oil on the carpet may happen but what a great method to check oil level without lying in the dirt ;-)
I own B9007240 and several other Sunbeams you don't know about. I own cars of all series including multiple cars of some series plus cars of the Arrow range. If I need to check something under the car I drive it onto my lift. I'm getting too old to crawl around on the ground.

65beam

Donation Time
Pictures of your Series 1 please...
I've had this car since 1987 and I don't have any photos of the car and considering it's stored away in one of my buildings at a rental on the opposite side of town and has many pieces stored in, on and around it I can say I wouldn't even consider trying to take photos of it. The car is red with a black interior.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
1987 is the same year when I bought mine as a complete wreck. Add 2000 to your VIN and you'll be pretty close. Carnival Red/Black was pretty common. Mine was Moonstone...

65beam

Donation Time
1987 is the same year when I bought mine as a complete wreck. Add 2000 to your VIN and you'll be pretty close. Carnival Red/Black was pretty common. Mine was Moonstone...
I've never restored a series 1 or 2. I'm not a fan of the soft top frame and other items.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Perhaps you missed something. From my perspective the purest way of driving an Alpine despite it's issues ;)

moonstone SIV

Donation Time