• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam 2000 build

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Guys: Sorry for the confusion. I deleted Limey's post for being outside the forum guidelines and, in an obviously failed attempt to avoid confusing other readers, deleted and/or edited subsequent posts that referenced it. The Administrator's edit function allows me to send a note to those whose posts I deleted/edited. I sent such notes to Toyanvil and 65beam, along with Limey. Sorry if those didn't come through. As always, just trying to keep things civil!

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Guy ... Have you pulled up along side any stock S2000's yet? .... Reactionso_O

..... David
David,
It is funny that you ask that, the shop I took it to have the A/C recharged had a ton of questions until one mechanic walked up and said "it is a Honda S2000 under that skin"
Yes, he liked the modifications I had done and especially pleased with how well the roll bar and Power Rectractable Top fit the car.
Guy

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Have the third Stainless Steel bumper coming early next week, also found several welding fabricating shops nearby that will be able to make two longer bumpers out of three.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Bumper is arriving today and I decided to go to the show in Van Nuys on the 5th of April. First road trip with a 26 gallon fuel capacity and somewhere between 20-30 mpg should be FUN!

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Got a four wheel alignment today, but I had to put the old skinny tires back on the car for the alignment tools would fit. Also got all four wheels balanced after putting about 50 miles on them. Finally changed the oil today and took the three stainless stell bumpers to a welding fabricating shop so they can be lengthened. Next step is to put quieter mufflers on the car as these sound sweet but too loud for my taste, especially at cruising speeds on the freeway.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Gave the car a shakedown run down to San Jose, no problems. Exhaust system is done with a much quieter system. What a pleasure to drive, now to find any squeaks and rattles.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Stoppped by the metal fab. shop to see how the bumpers are coming along. He started on them and did a "practice" weld on the left over pieces and thinks it will work. I am excited to see them done and on the car. Searching for a body repair person that is looking for work to get the car ready for paint as I am not a body and paint guy.

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Stoppped by the metal fab. shop to see how the bumpers are coming along. He started on them and did a "practice" weld on the left over pieces and thinks it will work. I am excited to see them done and on the car. Searching for a body repair person that is looking for work to get the car ready for paint as I am not a body and paint guy.
Make sure the body guy knows what he is doing. I had some work done by one shop they short cut everything I had to have another shop fix their crap

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I have a good shop that is not too far away, will have to bite the bullet and open the wallet. It has to be done right with no compromises. The last body detail I need to finish before bringing it to the shop is the back of the doors where they meet the glass and deck lid. More fabrication, at least this winter has been more like spring so I can not complain.