• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

"67 Alpine clutch master cylinder

philt

Donation Time
Replacing the clutch slave and master cylinder . The slave was available but the master ..no luck with he usual source. Speedwaymotors.com has several universals that may work. I have not yet pulled the m/c for a measurement of the bore . Anyone happen to recall the bore size ? I am tempted to just take a chance on a 3/4".
PhilT
Nashville

65beam

Donation Time
Pegasus racing carries the brake masters. I bought two of the .700 size back in September. The size is cast on the left hand side of the brake master. It could say 700 or maybe 875 . They carry clutch masters also. Check the size on your clutch master. The size should be on it. The masters I bought have the Girling name on them.

Last edited:

65beam

Donation Time
Pegasus carries masters in 5/8", .700 or 3/4". They have them with integral reservoir or with out reservoir. They also sell various reservoirs and push rods of various lengths.

buckalpine3

Donation Time
It came from my ‘67 Alpine that had 15500 miles on. I had bought a junk MC, had it bored resleeved for a lot of money and still had problems. So I believe this one in good shape and was not the cause of my problems. $60 shipped

philt

Donation Time
$60.00 + shipping sounds fair enough . How do I pay you?
Just curious, did you isolate the clutch problem ?
Ship to
Phil Trusty
343 Pebblebrook Dr
Ashland City, TN 37015

buckalpine3

Donation Time
Hi Phil I will pm my address. I tried for 5 years to solve the hydraulic problem including rebleeding adnauseum changing slave twice and changing the seals with what was available from SS twice. Still a problem after re sleeving the MC. Doug Jennings worked on it after I sold said there was a relief hole or something that was plugged.