• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Steering wheel cover

oLD lIMEY

Donation Time
Mine is laced on, searched eBay and found one that fit the thin wheel. Been for 3 years now and still looks good. Sorry no photo car under cover.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Finally got it covered and it was FUN!! not. I entered this project not knowing exactly what I wanted or how I was going to do it. After many false starts and changes, this it, including the rebuilt junker wheel. I am pretty happy with the result. It is sewn on, the material sews easily, especially when doing single thickness. Used Button and Craft thread and straight needles. The curved needles are too thick, making them difficult to push through the material and they want to roll over in my fingers. Grrr.
IMG_5542.JPG

Last edited:

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thank you guys. That cover is the third attempt and most of it was sewn on twice. Finding the correct size to go around the wheel rim was difficult. Maybe I'm not good, but I am persistent. I think maybe the key to a good (and easy installation) is to have even tension in the material all the way around the wheel. I don't know how to do that, so I have some than perfect areas where the material puckered more than others. Remember the adage, "Don't let perfect be the enemy of good enough"? It is good enough.

Bill