• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Clearing 10 years of spares

Bobbytriumph

Donation Time
Here it is about two months ago. Now it is apart for body repairs and the engine is at a wonderful shop being rebuilt. It’s all there except badges Le Mans and one trim spear. The downward trim is also missing on the rear but I may have to go without. I’m throwing a lot of time and $ at this car but feel it is worth it. The seats are at a top trimmer getting leather. Hoping to find someone for the wood dash. Cheers and thanks for asking. Some pics didn’t load, I’ll try again.

Attachments

• BE13906E-B694-41ED-BA09-13B6B7702E23.jpeg
    BE13906E-B694-41ED-BA09-13B6B7702E23.jpeg
    271.1 KB · Views: 54
  • CF89B713-5C48-401A-B563-BD8699BC7F75.jpeg
    CF89B713-5C48-401A-B563-BD8699BC7F75.jpeg
    318.8 KB · Views: 54

Bobbytriumph

Donation Time
More HLM pics.

Attachments

• 4611276B-2EA4-462D-B690-15F87FEA8F14.jpeg
    4611276B-2EA4-462D-B690-15F87FEA8F14.jpeg
    369.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 0F7F0C9F-E272-4751-A158-AD9C6A52624B.jpeg
    0F7F0C9F-E272-4751-A158-AD9C6A52624B.jpeg
    387 KB · Views: 54
  • 1186BEFF-6040-43A4-A4E4-42D42F6F3B26.jpeg
    1186BEFF-6040-43A4-A4E4-42D42F6F3B26.jpeg
    318.8 KB · Views: 55

Limey

Donation Time
Oliver,
Is that the flash you purchased from me way back when? Your car look great, love, love, love the colour! Still have the Ashley top?
It is. Rechromed by Derby Plating. Over 200 individual pits drilled and coppered. Like new now
The Ashley hard top is the only thing making me think of a second resto as it will also be unique
And yes that colour was my best ever decision. So 60's, so not carnival red or Moonstone white....

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
@Bobbytriumph:

Certainly worthwhile to open up a separate thread in the Harrington category with your gorgeous HLM project. Congrats by the way. It looks lots of work, but I'm sure you get all the help you need ...

Bobbytriumph

Donation Time
@Bobbytriumph:

Certainly worthwhile to open up a separate thread in the Harrington category with your gorgeous HLM project. Congrats by the way. It looks lots of work, but I'm sure you get all the help you need ...
Thanks for your kind note . All the best to you as well. Yes wonderful cars and worth the effort! Cheers, Bert Bennett

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
All the best for your Harrington project Bert! And I thought my car needs lots of work........Eric

Attachments

• DSC07982.JPG
    DSC07982.JPG
    454.9 KB · Views: 53

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
"wow, when will you get going with your HLM project ?"
There are two other Harrington projects that are in better shape that are awaiting repairs in front of that one!

chimpodunker

Donation Time
Hi All

I've decided not to do the second restoration so am now Ebaying 10 years of spares, Many of them super rare
Keep an eye on my ebay account - everyittlehelps100 - remember the missing 'l' from 'ittle')
These items will be up there over the next few weeks/months.

Below is just a fraction:-

Early series radio and surround
Bonnet flash rechromed
NOS & boxed reverse lights with correct Alpine pedestals
Clayton Dewandre servo rebored and serviced
NOS & Boxed WIP/WIA Zenith Carbs
Battery cages rare
New Tool rolls
New Tool rolls with perfect restored tools
Le Mans Fender badges
Harrington A Fender badges
NOS Tonneau covers
NOS Soft top
Cant Rails
3 Clocks with new Quartz movements
NOS Guages
2 pairs of super rare Microcell 6 seats (Harrington and early alpine)
2 Pairs of seat squabs (Very rare accessories)
NOS Key and lock sets
NOS Trunions and king pins
SS trim and seals
Last one in the world Ashley hard top
ETC ETC ETC
Do you have a turn signal switch for a SV?

stevenalcala

Silver Level Sponsor
I am looking for a SI-SII oil cooler base, the part that goes under the oil filter (rely style). They came on Harringtons (?) . The base chamber should match oil filter. (photo). Also looking for SII Tack cable Rt. Hand Drive , should be around 42 in. The ends of the cable should look like photo.045.JPG 046.JPG 045.JPG 046.JPG 047.JPG 048.JPG 047.JPG

65beam

Donation Time
Steve,
I think I may have an extra base. I'll check in the morning. I do have the entire unit including the original Covington Radiator cooler, hoses, oil filter housing and cooler mounting brackets for the Harrington. I should have the cable since I had Nisonger convert my tach to electronic.

stevenalcala

Silver Level Sponsor
Steve,
I think I may have an extra base. I'll check in the morning. I do have the entire unit including the original Covington Radiator cooler, hoses, oil filter housing and cooler mounting brackets for the Harrington. I should have the cable since I had Nisonger convert my tach to electronic.
Thanks for looking, I need these parts to get the Sebring reading for car shows. Please contact me if you have any of these parts.
Steven Alcala
310-941-0659
120 Sheldon st.
El Segundo Cal.

49fl

Platinum Level Sponsor
Limey - hi from another Limey here in the UK. You say you have lock and key sets and I am looking for a door lock barrel and key set (and ignition lock barrel if possible) to complete the restoration of my Series 3 with matching keys for all three as original. At the moment, I have a different key for every lock and the door locks are all well worn and don't work properly anyway. Would you be willing to do a deal please, rather than put them on eBay? Thanks. Steve.
Steve; If you have good locks and ignition already and the only issue is 3 separate keys, well this is easily resolved. All locks on Sunbeams can be disassembled and once this is done the wafers can be filed flat to one key whilest installed in each cylinder. Just be sure to use the one key you wish to work all 3 locks. Notes: you may have to rearrange the wafers so that NONE are below the surface of the cylinder prior to filing. It helps to have a coupe of spare wafers, from other locks. I did this on my '66 Tiger with the help of a locksmith buddy, (he supervised). We matched the trunk lock to the console and then the 2 doors to the ignition and the result was a 2 key set for the one car, as original. This took approx one maybe 2 hours. Don't lose any parts when re-assembling and test the key in each lock prior to re-installation into the car for good. Jim

Limey

Donation Time
Hi Oliver,

let me know what you want for Clayton Dewandre and the Microcell seats. PM please...
Hi Bernd. PM me. The microcels are round top buckets type 6. And I thought you had a NOS CD servo already, Are you being greedy?:)

Limey

Donation Time
Limey,
Do you have photos of your finished car? The last photo I remember was when you were getting ready for upholstery.

Hi 65 beam,

Happy to oblige.

Observe the the long lost screen printed decal on the oil filter cover (it's not a label but barrel printed direct to the cover). That's what I mean about the last 1% :cool: To get that right an old member 'Basil Brush' in Australia sent me his old original oil filter cover half way round the world to me in the UK to copy and when done I sent it back around the other half of the world. All for one bit or originality. When I'm standing in the garage at 11pm wiping the grease off my hands that's what I see. That's whats taken 12 years. And then there's rubber covers on the gearbox switches. Gearbox, overdrive and carbs are NOS as well.

And Crossplys. She'll drive like a 3 legged cow on ice. But that's OK. That's exactly what I want to feel when I drive it. Cant wait to go over a sharp left hander bumpy hill crest...However when I do wrap it around a tree because of that sh*t 1960's handling I'll want a 21st century hospital.

I don't know what women feel like when they buy a pair of shoes for $1000 and wear them for the first time but I think I came close when I bolted those on.... Guilt and pleasure.

You can spend $1000s on polishing and chroming bits that never were meant to be anything more than 'bits' but that leaves me cold. Lipstick on a pig. Like seeing your Nana made up like a french tart.

Attachments

• 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 78
  • bay.jpeg
    bay.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3044.jpeg
    IMG_3044.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3043.jpeg
    IMG_3043.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_4773.jpeg
    IMG_4773.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Will PM you. No I'm not greedy - even I have a NOS CD servo it seems the rubbers are not too well . What I like about your's is that it has been serviced;). Are you coming to the Spares Day ?

Cali_59

Donation Time
Wow! stunning!.. May I ask what color the body is painted? ..and the dash.
Thanks Much, Chris