• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Speedo rebuild...Nisonger vs. MoMa?

rayodesolalpino

Donation Time
Looking to have my speedo rebuilt. Debating between Nisonger and MoMa. Anyone have any experience, issues, concerns, preferences with either in the past?

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
I have had good success with APT Instruments www.thegaugeguys.com Located in Bloomington, MN. Quick service, turn around - at least for the three speedos I have had them work on. P

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I've had numerous instruments recalibrated and rebuilt by Nisonger with very good results. They're fairly quick.
not necessarily cheap but they stand behind their work. I'd recommend them to a friend without hesitation.
YMMV.
Cheers!
Steve

rayodesolalpino

Donation Time
Called APT Instruments www.thegaugeguys.com. While their website states mechanical speedos run $165-$185...they quoted me $1,600-$4,000 to redo my speedo. So I'm guessing they don't need the work...or want the work. Guess I'll just pony up and pay Nisonger.