• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series 1 Windshield

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
My Series 1 Alpine has a major stress fracture in the windshield.

I have been looking for a replacement but have not found one yet.

Does anyone know where I can locate a Series 1 Windshield.

Thanks,

Fordtootsie

Donation Time
61Alpine

I just purchased a Ser I windshield from Pilkington Glass. Talk to Randy at 1-800-848-1351. The Sunbeam windshield is a FW 101.

Randy is located in or near the Chicago area.
I paid $265 for the windshield and $95 to ship to Colorado

John in Colorado

65beam

Donation Time
They have several warehouses in the states. Check with a local shop that does automotive glass and ask if they use Pilkington. If so they can order and it can be shipped to them and you can pick it up. Don't know the price based on that.

Fordtootsie

Donation Time
61Alpine

You need to act FAST on your windshield order. Talking to Randy at the 1-800-848-1351 number is the fastest way to order vs going through a auto glass shop. I ordered my and it took about one year to receive. Pilkington glass is the ONLY mfg. They made six windshields when they made mine. If memory is correct only 3 came to the US.

I looked US wide and found no one that had any in stock. I found one in the UK from a Alpine parts place but shipment from them to the US was big $$ and shipping crate was extra.

John in Colorado

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
If anyone is in need of an early series windshield Pilkington currently has about a dozen in stock. I just ordered one. Randy, as referenced above, is very good to work with. Price is $470 including shipping.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sounds like someome has told the supplier that the windshields are scarce, so the price went up from $360 to $470 in less than a year:)

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
I bought a S1 windshield from Pilkington and just got it installed in the frame this week. Fit was perfect. So much nicer than the piece of crap I had.