• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Stepping on toes.

Charles Johns

Donation Time
I seem to have been explaining in way too much detail about my experience, but after all I am 75 years old. I hope I have not angered too many on this site, but I will say goodbye and go elsewhere for information. You guys have been lots of help and I will look-in from time to time to see what you are doing. Again, sorry if I seemed to be bragging. It was not my intent.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Charles, I'm finding that life post stroke is difficult. Within a week of mine, I told Barb that it was going to take a long time for me to figure out how the "new" Bill Blue would fit in. Pissed her off something terrible. But it is true and proving to be one of the most difficult parts of recovery. I'm finding the reduction in intelligence and memory to be tolerable as they are expected and somewhat measurable. The other changes are not. I've been pondering my situation most of the afternoon and must admit, I don't know the answer. The stroke seems to have touched every aspect of my thinking process and personality. I bet yours has too.

Maybe you should take a short time out, contact one of our officers and set up a system in which posts go through a third party to be sanitized so as not to offend.

Bill

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
Why would we be angered? I can't think of a post of yours that pissed me off. I may not have agreed with 100% of what you said, but if we all agree on everything, why bother talking?

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I don’t know who might have been offended by what, but I, for one, find your experiences and accomplishments interesting.

Ratical

Donation Time
The internet is a rough place. Not seeing someone as you discuss things makes it hard to interpret at times. Things are taking the wrong way, and sometimes people are just mean. Charles there is a whole Young generation that needs knowledge about things we never seen or experienced. And I for one are proud you are willing to take your time and share that with us. I read your post and think they may get off topic or long. But still enjoy hearing the story or learning from them. And hope some day someone will listen to my ramblings about working on cars older than me, or how I solved a problem without buying an item off the shelf. Or without doing what someone else had done and posted on the internet.

90days

Donation Time
Charles, our forum is a small community of gearheads who for some unknown reasons we have gravitated to this little British sport car. We share our knowledge, common interests and that is also part of sharing our life experiences. Life depends on the sharing of information, wisdom and from someone who has experienced 75 years of living, I would say you have a lot to share and pass down. We need to keep the conversation coming from everyone because we all have something important to contribute. Charles, you keep posting whatever comes to mind and I will read your posts and more than likely acquire something new. Remember were members of the DarkSide none of us is exactly normal and we can’t afford to lose another valued member.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
I don't recall any of your posts that I thought were inappropriate or bragging. And after perusing just 6 months of your posts I found nothing that I find offensive and truly doubt anyone would.

Charles, I encourage you to remain and continue to contribute.

Mark .…. volvoguys

RootesRooter

Donation Time
I also looked at your posts. Nothing there that anyone should remotely get steamed over, including the one guy (a regular who should know better) who got a little snippy about your recent light switch post.
Charles, your posts are part of what makes this forum worthwhile to everyone.

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Charles, you sir are a light in a sometimes dark room!
At my age of 70, I'm sure I have no where near the life experiences you have encountered.
I for one have enjoyed any of your posts I have come across, well thought out, at times light hart-ed and at times quite deep.
Don't give up on us Charles, we are all interdependent on each other.
Bobbo

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
This thread linked below has a post by Charles where he seems to be defensive about a suggestion from Procraft, where Charles wrote a lengthy response about other cars he has worked on to Procraft's suggestion, which admittedly did not seem all that relevant to Sunbeams or the issue in the thread - not that that is required of course. And Procraft seemed to feel put off by Charles' response. It seems Procraft felt snapped at for his attempt to help.

http://forum.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?threads/on-dash-left-right-directional-switch.27100/

But neither seem to justify this post. At most, just a misunderstanding of intent. Written words have a way of doing that. Everyone should realize that the writer may not have intended to come off the way the reader interpreted it. And by everyone, that means the writer and the reader!

65beam

Donation Time
There are very few on this forum that know what Joel did most of his working years so why second guess him.