• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

wanted - All synchro gearbox with OD

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
I have a good all syncro gearbox and an overdrive, if your search continues.

The gearbox was rebuilt in the UK by Jeff Howarth's partner and sits on a shelf with zero miles on it. It
has an extra oiling hole so it needs to be considered carefully to get an operational set of bits.

Also have the column mounted OD on/off switch and a correct (for SIV) tan-ish colored off/on OD bulb holder.

The lates series dash should have an indent visible from the back of the dash. This makes it easy to drill out and
mount the OD bulb holder in the correct switch location in the dash, if inclined to do so.

Also, there should be a wiring loom for the column switch somewhere in my bits, if hasn't gone missing. It plugs
right in to the factory harness.

I also have an OD transmission. It doesn't have the extra hole for oiling and should be considered useful for parts or resale unless
there a way to align it.

Lastly, I have a handful of the scarce "correct" OD relays. I believe one or two are operational but would be reluctant to sell them unless they work.
If there is a way to test them while they are uninstalled, please let me know.

I believe the SAOCA forums have one or more of the modern relays, so it no longer critical to have a correct one.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in please send a text or an email.

Allan
404-Thre-eight-eight--7 five seven one.

Last edited:

raceatr3

Donation Time

The gearbox was rebuilt in the UK by Jeff Howarth's partner and sits on a shelf with zero miles on it. It
has an extra oiling hole so it needs to be considered carefully to get an operational set of bits.

Also have the column mounted OD on/off switch and a correct (for SIV) tan-ish colored off/on OD bulb holder.

The lates series dash should have an indent visible from the back of the dash. This makes it easy to drill out and
mount the OD bulb holder in the correct switch location in the dash, if inclined to do so.

Also, there should be a wiring loom for the column switch somewhere in my bits, if hasn't gone missing. It plugs

I also have an OD transmission. It doesn't have the extra hole for oiling and should be considered useful for parts or resale unless
there a way to align it.

Lastly, I have a handful of the scarce "correct" OD relays. I believe one or two are operational but would be reluctant to sell them unless they work.

I believe the SAOCA forums have one or more of the modern relays, so it no longer critical to have a correct one.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in please send a text or an email.

Allan

Allan,
Interested in discussing what you have. I texted you and am also sending this reply.
Bob

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Allen,

I'm curious about a couple of things you said. What do you mean by "extra oiling hole"? Also the comment about "a way to align it". Not sure what that means.

Thanks.

Mike

Jeff Howarth

Donation Time
I'm assiuming Allan means that it is the later type gearbox so needs the alloy adapter with an extra bulge on it to cover the hole.

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks for the response Jeff. So this is regarding an early OD with balancing pipe? Later ones had it built into the casting?

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor

there a way to align it.

Allan

SOLD.