• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Parts resource-'63 Alpine Series 3

Lolat324

Donation Time
I'm looking for a replacement hose-the one that goes between the air cleaner box (the silver AC one) and my dual carbs. It is a "L" shape, with an inside diameter of say 3"...checked out the usual suspects for Alpine parts, nada! Though on-line lists of parts don't have everything..any ideas? Thank you all.

alpine_64

Donation Time
The "batwing" filter setup on the twin zeniths had 2 types. They are reasonably rare and there hasnt been any repro of the rubber hose that goes from the filter housing to the airbox that im aware of. Good used ones are also very rare. You might have to aslib a little if you cant tape up or seal the one you have.

Lolat324

Donation Time
Sort of afraid of that...for now black duct tape it is! Somebody out there must have had an option..any MacGyver's out there? Thank you for the follow-up.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I have a pair of wire mesh round filters?
Took them off when I put CD150s on.
The wire mesh filters will fit but probably make the car run poorly. The zeniths used with bat wing setup had different jettung to account for the different airflow.

ALC 68A

Donation Time
I am in the same situation. My S3 had lost the whole batwing filter assembly, which I have sourced from this forum, but without the hose or the mounting bracket for the big filter canister to the inner wing (fender). In the UK, there is a supplier of performance parts called Demon Tweeks and I have found from their website that they sell "elephant's trunk" flexible hoses in different sizes, one of which would fit the batwing filter assembly. I expect there would be something similar available in the USA. It wouldn't look as good as the moulded rubber hose, but would do the job. However, I am still looking for the bracket if anybody has one to sell please.

Regards

Steve G

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Have you guys tried a "Diesel truck intake/turbo hose search" ? ... I've seen 45's and 90's on a couple myself ... You might find a suitable one in either rubber or silicon ... 4" or ?

Last edited:

beamdream

Gold Level Sponsor
If you happen to be near a light aircraft airfield, ask any of the maintenance guys about SCAT or SCEET hose, its the stuff they use for carb air intakes or air ducting. Purchased in 6ft lengfhs and various diameters, most workshops have offcuts they are happy to get rid of.