• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rootes Archive Center

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
In case you are not aware, there is a Rootes Archive Centre in the UK to support ROOTES Vehicles. Much more information is available on their website (http://tardis.dl.ac.uk/ARCC/index.shtml), but I think this is the probably a good introduction to them:

In 2004, ARCC members were able to rescue the Rootes Engineering Department archives from Humber Road, Coventry. This is a truly fantastic collection of material: the complete library of engineering drawings from the early 1960s to the end of the Chrysler era, including anything from the late 50s that was modified in the 60s; so there's a lot for Minx, Rapier, Gazelle and Humber ranges, plus everything relating to Arrow, Avenger, Imp etc. There are drawings and specifications for all chassis and body items including mechanical, electrical, soft trim etc. It all amounts to at least 150,000 items stored in 47 4ft x3ft metal cabinets, a dozen filing cabinets and 75ft of 8ft high racking containing original drawings… (A) very important part of our work is to provide copies of the original drawings and archive documents for study and for re-manufacture of parts to keep your vehicles on the road or to authenticate their origin. (Emphasis added)​
As a club whose motto is “keep ‘em on the road”, the SAOCA Board intends to join other Rootes Group Clubs in supporting the Centre with a donation to help pay off their new headquarters and support the Centre’s efforts. And, now is the right time to make that donation, as an anonymous Archive supporter will match all donationsmade between now and the end of May, 2018.

This is a great time for owners of Rootes cars to step up and really make a difference, especially while the British pound is still quite low against the dollar.

The SAOCA Officers have discussed this and will make a contribution to benefit Alpine owners for years to come. We are going to donate $1000 from our reserves, but first: if any of our members would like to personally contribute to the effort, we will be happy to bundle those contributions with ours to help the SAOCA make a good showing of support to the effort.

Please contact SAOCA Treasurer Dan Richardson if you would like to add to our contribution. If you would prefer to donate directly, please send them a check directly or via PayPal to the Archive’s Treasurer, Matt Ollman at matthewollman@rootesarchivecentre.org.uk. If you elect to make a contribution directly, please be sure to add a note saying"matching challenge" to ensure your contribution is matched.

Together we can all support this organization and their worthwhile effort!

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Dan, you should be getting our donation by US Mail. If others want to participate, send your checks to
Dan Richardson
123 Richardson Drive
Greenwood, SC 29649

Gee, I wish I lived on a street named after me.

Bill

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
That is a great way to help "Keep'em-on-the-Road" Thanks Bill & Barb...

If any one else wishes to contribute please make an annotation: Mark for Archive Matching Fund", I'll be watching for it.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Guys, I just sent this e-mail to Matt at the Archive Trust:
Matt, I am Dan Richardson, Treasurer for the SAOCA, Our Officers have agreed to make a donation to support the Archive Trust.

We are also planning to make it through PayPal as a Gift, that way, we believe there will be no fees taken. Just hoping the exchange rate is favorable toward the Trust.

Is there any special provision or account we need to be aware of to make this work properly?

Do you have any knowledge as to the latest time frame for the Match of Funds? We are attempting to obtain more donations from individual members as well, so the time frame deadline is very important.

Any help in this matter is appreciated. Looking forward to the Archive come to full potential.

Your Friends across the Pond,

DanR
Dan Richardson, Treasurer SAOCA
123 Richardson Drive
Greenwood, South Carolina 29649
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
SPECIAL NOTE: If any of you (Members or Visitors) wish to contribute PLEASE make contact with me ASAP but NLT less say 20th of May 2018 so we can get the Matching funds!

Mail Checks PAYABLE TO:
SAOCA
Address your letter to:
Dan Richardson
123 Richardson Drive
Greenwood, SOUTH CAROLINA 29649

I can be reached at 864-554-0814 Cell EST or E-mail: tiger2dan@gmail.com

Thank you,

dmich2

Donation Time
Dan, you should be getting our donation by US Mail. If others want to participate, send your checks to
Dan Richardson
123 Richardson Drive
Greenwood, SC 29649

Gee, I wish I lived on a street named after me.

Bill

Bill. Hope you can take a joke, but I couldn't pass on this one. You opened yourself up my friend. You live on a street named after you. :p

one way.png

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
That could be said of a "lot " of folks:)

One Way is not bad if it is the Right Way!

Keep''em on-the-Road,