• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Lockheed brake booster

raceatr3

Donation Time
Has anyone produced a drawing for a mounting bracket for the Lockheed brake booster so it can be fit in the same location as the Girling brake booster.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Race, Not sure if anyone has or not! But Paul A has installed one in his Sunbeam (Tiger) & I believe his V6 Alpine.

I have done one in my Green1 (SV V6) but I made the installation up near the firewall on the RHS (Passenger in the USA) because I also install an air compressor for my Heat&Air unit.

I'll try a bit later to post a few PIC's

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
20170811_174542.jpg 20170811_174608.jpg 20170811_182800.jpg 20170814_164919.jpg 20170814_164955.jpg Not what you asked for But, this is what I did to the Green1, A '67 SV V6 under conversion. I looked at a lot of the Tigers and how their Boosters were mounted because I could not mount my booster where it had been originally due to me installing the Air Compressor for my A/C unit, I like to run cool here in Sunny SC:cool:

It may give you some ideas,

raceatr3

Donation Time
After staring at it some more it looks very promising to build a simple U shaped bracket that uses the radiator mount points and extends to the studs on the back of the booster drum. Then a simple bracket to wrap around the nose of the hydraulic cylinder that would bolt to one of the original Girling bracket mount points on the wheel well. Keeps the booster in the stock Alpine location. Any comments??

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Simple enough! Just remember there is no pressure on the Booster other than the weight of itself. The KISS is always a good way to go.

The reason I mounted mine up behind the "brace" is interference with the A/C Compressor down in the lower position on the fender well.

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
After staring at it some more it looks very promising to build a simple U shaped bracket that uses the radiator mount points and extends to the studs on the back of the booster drum. Then a simple bracket to wrap around the nose of the hydraulic cylinder that would bolt to one of the original Girling bracket mount points on the wheel well. Keeps the booster in the stock Alpine location. Any comments??
I will try to find some photos I took I my booster as installed in my Tiger. It is really simple - used the brace from the firewall. Will post when I locate the photos. Pete

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
A few photos of the Lockheed booster mounted in my Tiger. I used the fender brace, a couple of hose clamps with rubber protectors and the booster mount (slightly modified) supplied with the booster kit from VB.

booster2.jpg booster4.jpg

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Paul, I understood He was wanting to keep his booster ithe stock position down on the fender well. I posted a few PIC's of where I did mine in the Green1 only as an option and like yours for your Tiger.

While I was at the United XXXVI in Va back in Sept 2017 I took a bunch of PIC of where the Tiger mounts were located, even they were very much different is some of them.

I went with the drill holes in the brace arm to match the booster studs for what I thought would benefit what I wanted.

I appreciate you giving me the heads-up on the availability of the booster, it was a good buy (for me) :)

Missed you at the Carolina Classic in Columbia....