• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Parting out series 3

bweidner

Donation Time
I will start taking parts off my Series 3 that the rust ate and just was wondering what items I should make sure I keep other then the most obvious. Wasn't a lot of Chrome or interior parts left but it looks like most of the engine bay is complete as well as the trunk (boot). I just want to make sure I don't miss something that someone down the road may be looking for.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
POST some PIC's .... That will help show what's available.

DanR

P.S. Do you have the4 soft top and the metal covers ?

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
I'd say keep everything that isn't a totally rusted piece of junk. I also realize you probably have limited storage.

If you have room, keep front crossmember & suspension parts other than the crossmember (SIII springs area popular item). If no room, keep the hubs (if wires, only if good splines, If steel keep them all) as I may need them someday, kidding but as wires deteriorate people will want them). Also brake parts (MC, SC, calipers and disks), they have a small footprint and someday......... anything that is rebuildable.

Oh, hell, just put the whoile car in your basement and tell your wife it's a pulic service.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Save the diff. If original, it should have 3.89 gears. The close-ratio gearbox was only on SIII. Also, it may have just been on the GT model, but check the fuel pump for a rare on/off switch, on the intake side.

greenbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Please keep the Zenith carbs and air filters. The Zeniths are getting harder to find now, and these should be WIP-3s. People will turn up their nose and say fit Weber or Stromberg, but these are the original carbs and more people are doing up cars to original spec now.

If there are any of the plastic parts under the switches on the dash, they are worth saving (the labels LIGHTS, PANEL, etc, and the surround around the heater control). These are unique to S3.

The soft-top frame is also worth keeping. Still plenty of people wanting to add a soft-top to a GT model.

Tail lights if they are in one piece.

And, as others have said, the suspension parts.

Sad to see one of the lowest production number cars lost, but I realise photos don't show the full state of the car.

We were collecting VIN numbers of demised cars, are you able to provide that?
Cheers,
Paul.

pruyter

Donation Time
If it an Alpine series 3 GT than the Zenith's are 36WIA3, while the series 3 STD had 36WIP3 installed.

Regards,

Peter

ALC 68A

Donation Time
The pictures show the car is an ST with the 36 WIP carbs and wire filters - all as original and worth saving, together with the metal fuel pipes, the 4-2-1 tubular exhaust manifold and the T shaped manifold clamps. There is somebody on the forum looking for one of these.

It's a shame the interior is missing as the original SIII Microcell seats with the separate centre seat cushion and coloured piping are unique and definitely worth keeping.

Steve

oLD lIMEY

Donation Time
The pictures show the car is an ST with the 36 WIP carbs and wire filters - all as original and worth saving, together with the metal fuel pipes, the 4-2-1 tubular exhaust manifold and the T shaped manifold clamps. There is somebody on the forum looking for one of these.

It's a shame the interior is missing as the original SIII Microcell seats with the separate centre seat cushion and coloured piping are unique and definitely worth keeping.

Steve

I have the T manifold clamps, who needs them.

ALC 68A

Donation Time
Nick Davis on the Parts Wanted forum. He's looking for SI/SII clamps, but I think SIII ones should fit instead. Worth trying anyway as these clamps are not easy to find. His e-mail is ndavis@cox.net.

Steve