• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6 running too hot

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
Just talked with my pops about this
50/50 mixture has a reduction of heat transfer of about 20%!!!!!
And remember you must have some sort of inhibitor with straight water

Bruce

sd_pace

Donation Time
I think to replace the evans is the best course to follow, will do this weekend and let ya know how it cools...

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Steve,

The way to tell if it is a heavy duty unit, is to compare it to another stock radiator. If they are the same, it hasn't been upgraded. If the car it came with, and the car hasn't been converted to a V6, then it will not be adequate for cooling your V6.It doesn't matter if it is totally clean and ready for a stock application, it won't do.

QUOTE=sd_pace;177973]Jose , I have a large three core in there that came with the car when I acquired it, I believe the radiator was upgraded ... How to tell?[/QUOTE]

sd_pace

Donation Time
Hey Jose, I made a cowl and it brought the temp down to 180 at idle... but haven't changed the fluid yet or drove it anywhere. also adjusted the timing and carb to run better have an idle of 1150 steady.... will try to dig in deeper this weekend and drive it... the radiator looks to have three large cores in it and I dont know anyone with a larger one... do you know how large or thick the core needs to be?