• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine project for sale in Arkansas

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
passing on an email. If anyone is interested I can connect you. Do we have anyone in the area who might check it out and help Bud?

--------------------------------------
My brother, who lived in Rogers, Arkansas, was in the process of restoring a Sunbeam Alpine from the mid-1960s when he sadly passed away. This was a labor of love. He had the body in perfect condition and all the parts ready to assemble. He has a complete documented history of the vehicle and all the stages of its restoration. This is now part of the estate that I am charged to deal with. I would very much like an enthusiast who would treasure the car as much as my brother did to buy the car and complete his work. I wondered if you could offer any thoughts or advice about the best way I might go about doing this?

Sincerely,

Marion “Bud†Coker

alpine_64

Donation Time
Does look like a good base...sill profiles look good.. Dont roll it to far without some lug nuts on those wheels!!

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Michael, It looks like a SIV -V body to me.

Can't see the rear area enough to determine ?

DanR

alpine_64

Donation Time
Michael, It looks like a SIV -V body to me.

Can't see the rear area enough to determine ?

DanR

Dan sv id say given sqaure bonnet and doors and what looks to be the vertical panel in the rear seat area of the sv soft top setup.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Believe you are right! I could not get a clear picture of the doors. Revisited the PIC and they do look square.

DanR

P.S. If that Alpine was a bit closer I might have to attempt to make a deal....

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Bud said someone may be interested. Not sure if it's a forum member or not.

He's looking for advice on pricing. I know it's hard without seeing all the details. For me a good solid body is worth more than a rusty project with good mechanical bits. But it is an incomplete non-running car.

from Bud:

As we've been clearing out his house we have pretty much found everything that belongs to the car. He definitely did his research and was looking forward to restoring it back to it's former glory. He was definitely in the stages of putting it all back together. We have someone who is possibly interested in buying it. I was wondering if you or someone on the forum could give us and idea of what to ask for it.