• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rear End Springs

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
I've seen mention that the rear end springs changed over the years.

Is there a difference between S3 - SV, including very late SV springs?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Jay iirc, si springs are narrower, after that think are the same and tigers have a higher rated set. So sii-v are interchangeable

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Hello Jay
Mine Ser II spring are narrower in the front by about 3/8 the last 4 or 5 inches.

Chazbeam

Silver Level Sponsor
Having springs made.

I'm in the process of having springs made to the exact specs of the older series 2 by a local spring manufacturer after having broken springs and finding only used replacments I'm not happy with.
I'm going to possibly have these made in quantity if I get any feedback for a need and provide them to other sunbeam owners.
The lack of replacements I find unacceptable unless you fine gentlemen can point to a good source I don't know about..

Chazbeam

Chazbeam

Silver Level Sponsor
new mains

SO here is a picture of my new main leafs, they are slightly thicker, i did not measure them yet but its not by much,, I don't think ill notice much difference in ride.
I paid around 75 dollars a piece for them, made by atlas spring in southern California, great bunch of guys..they do springs for off road and can make any type of spring pack you want....

If you need any help getting some, i gave them my old ones to go by and match up.. i can drop them off to them again if need be...

Chaz.

Attachments

• Sprungs.jpg
    Sprungs.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 50