• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1000 mile trip

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
I am taking Ol' Blue up to Winnipeg on Tuesday for the funeral service the following day for my friend Chuck Ingram. It is some over 435 miles one way to my motel. With a few extra miles traveling to Chuck's home and to the church I will log over 1000 miles by the time I am back home. Normally I do not drive the Sunbeams this time of year, but thought this would warrant an exception. Fortunately the temps are pretty moderate for this time of year and there is no bad weather in the forecast. Pete

alpine_64

Donation Time
Pete,

That is a great gesture, I know chuck would see it as a fitting sign of respect.

Please carry with you the deepest condolences from our sunbeam community, chuck was a great guy. We all met him through the cars but his advice and friendship went so far beyond that.

Safe travels.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
I am taking Ol' Blue up to Winnipeg on Tuesday for the funeral service the following day for my friend Chuck Ingram. It is some over 435 miles one way to my motel. With a few extra miles traveling to Chuck's home and to the church I will log over 1000 miles by the time I am back home. Normally I do not drive the Sunbeams this time of year, but thought this would warrant an exception. Fortunately the temps are pretty moderate for this time of year and there is no bad weather in the forecast. Pete

Very nice of you Paul. Travel safe and all the best to the Ingram family. My prayers are with Chuck.

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
Pete,
Great that you bring Sun Beams from Sunny South Dakota to Winnipeg for Chuck's funeral. Save travels. Robert

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
I put on over 500 miles today. Mostly good driving conditions - interstate speed was 71/72......25 mpg both fills.

Spent time with Chuck's family this evening...all doing okay....tomorrow will be tough.....

Pete

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Glad you have some good weather for your journey.

You and Chuck's family certainly have my thoughts and well wishes with you.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
I think Chuck would smile that the report of the trip to his funeral includes a driving report, with average road speeds and MPG, and of course that it was made in a Sunbeam. He would do the same, I'm sure. Thanks for representing the group, Pete. I know you're there for you, too.

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks for making the trip and representing us Sunbeamers to Ollie and the family. I'm sure Chuck is quite proud that you drove a "modified" Alpine to his funeral. So fitting. We're all going to miss him a lot.

Tom Hayden

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks for making the trip and representing us Sunbeamers to Ollie and the family. I'm sure Chuck is quite proud that you drove a "modified" Alpine to his funeral. So fitting. We're all going to miss him a lot.

Tom Hayden

Ollie shared with me last night what fun it was for them when you all stayed over during your long trip....

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
I arrived home at 12:30pm today, Thursday. The trip to Winnipeg and return was 1056 miles. Trouble free. The V6/5speed combination is wonderful for interstate highway cruising.

Prior to this trip I had never driven Ol' Blue on salted roads. Well, that all changed. Ol' Blue could now be properly called Ol' Gray. What a mess. It won't get a washing today as I arrived home just in time for the snow storm.

It was an honor for me to show my respect to my good friend Chuck by making this trip.