• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SII V6 Project For Sale (Nice)

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
This Series II has been offered to the "buying" public as an opportunity to get a tremendous deal on an Alpine (Finned car) with 2.8 V6 engine, late model Mustang T5, all wheel disc brakes and "more" with $22K invested for a modest sum of $7.900.00.

The Builder/Owner is Kenyon

E-mail DanR for details and PIC's

My participation is to help sell the car and do some work toward completion.

Attachments

• 20160520_001228.jpg
    20160520_001228.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 246
  • 20160520_001135.jpg
    20160520_001135.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 218
  • 20160520_001242.jpg
    20160520_001242.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 225
  • 20160520_001318.jpg
    20160520_001318.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Very Nice Dan! ....

I wished this one had been available before I bought one of mine, I could use a V6 in the litter I have now:cool: .... Looks like a sweet deal with plenty of thought gone into the conversion. Someone will be very happy with that "Kitten" .... I'm surprised it hasn't been snapped up already.

......... David

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Absolute Best Buy of the year.....

This car is presently in Kansas and will sometime before winter get moved to Sunny SC .

More PIC's and details of the extensive work accomplished is available.

E-mail: tiger2dan at gmail dot com or call 864-554-0814 for more info

DanR

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
This nice little SII V6 is.....

In Pratt, KS.

I'll be here in Pratt, KS for another week in case anyone in the area might like to see a great deal of a sale.

DanR

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Additional Info on Series II

Added comments:

Don't forget the nifty space-saver spare that fits in the original spare compartment yet fits over the larger brakes.

The bottom of the car is rust-free.
There was no rot anywhere besides floor boards and those were some really small holes that were subsequently welded up.

When you see the car, check out the fire-wall. Smooth. Not stock, and some work went into that.

There are some sound-blaster horns for really getting other cars' attention, and there is a siren for hitting cyclists and not frightening them so much.

Gauges are NEW, and dash looks much nicer than photos show.

Car was in primer and I was worried about surface rust when traveling/towing, (from CA to KS Sept 2016)so I dusted the top surfaces with spray paint. It will come of with a sander in moments.

Interior was also blasted clean and repainted gloss black.

New tires & New wheels.

Coolant was 50/50 and poured in only 7 months ago.

There is a Pro 5.0 shifter atop the Tremec T5. Shifts are silky and very positive. Big aluminum ball on the shifter because I find that comfortable.

Steering wheel and horn button were not cheap to get.

New wiring harness with terminations filled with dielectric grease and very, very firmly crimped with correct tool. They should not come apart because I dislike electrical problems so much that I was overly cautious about that.

Glass lens turn front signals included.
Door cards included.

DanR

P.S. I'm back in SC working on my may Projects: Alpines:D "Keep'em-on-the-Road"

Last edited:

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
This is the kind of in progress project car that I've seen trailored to local car shows with a For Sale sign hung on it complete with build log and progress pictures that usually has several 'got the car show bug' interested guys staring at it.

If it doesn't generate interest here I would have it on a trailor come Spring time.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Mike.....

The Trailer'n Idea is a good one! Come Spring time when the flowers bloom and the birds sing;)

I have had lots of inquires on this little Gem.... I'm not in a hurry to sell. It is safely and securely stored.

May other projects are being attended too in the mean time. If it does not sell before I get it to Sunny SC, I'll attempt to finish a very nice little Series II V6 Project Kenyon created.

You have had some great experiences with yours and I am very proud of the work you have completed.

Keep'em-on'the-Road.... whether original, modified or altered...beyond recognition.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Nick for a good comment....

I have located a soft top frame that can replace the one missing.

DanR

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
The Series II V6 is SOLD

NOTICE to all that the Best Buy of the Year has been sold.

Appreciation to all you Guys that made an honest appraisal or note worthy comments.

Wish some of the guys wanting had been able to make the purchase because of their expressed desires to own a very nice well built Series II V6 conversion.

Kenyon Wills did a fantastic job with this car.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
So Dan-is the buyer here in the SE? Would be nice to see it finished and on the road! Eric

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Good morning Eric!

The buyer is from California.

The car was a California car and will be returned.

DanR