• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SV Door Glass

thill35803

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hello Fellow Beamers,

I have a few door windows in the stash. They are not perfect but not too bad. All of them have minor chipped edges. I can post some pictures if need be.

Are these worth selling? I haven't seen any prices but they are available new. I don't need them and I'd rather see them get used and get a few bucks for them than trashing them.

Any advice?

thill35803

Platinum Level Sponsor
Here are some photos of the chips. The windows are a dirty but don't appear to have major scratches.

If by hardware you mean the window channels and winder mechanisms, I do have a few bits and pieces.

Attachments

• chipone.jpg
    chipone.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 19
  • chiptwo.jpg
    chiptwo.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 19
  • chipthree.jpg
    chipthree.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Used door glass is one of those funny things. I think there is a small market for someone looking to just put a car together, or maybe just looking to make a car complete to drive, and does not care about detail.
For the restorer, they are worthless as nearly all used glass has vertical scratches from the missing or worn anti-rattle strip or other issues. I don't think I have ever found a used piece without scratches. Unfortunately.

With a very light solution of water and muratic acid, a new razor blade and a few minutes, you can give it a good cleaning. Hit it with some window cleaner at the end and you will be able to tell if there are any imperfections.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Now you have me thinking. I know I have some door glass out in the back shed
They have been there so long I can't remember of they are early or later series of door glass. Now I will have to look