• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Serial Number

jack Bacon

Donation Time
I only have a SAL number on my Series II Alpine but no serial number. Is there any cross reference material in a vault somewhere that could ever help me find the serial number.
Best regards,

Jack

RootesRacer

Donation Time
What does your registration say?

If it matches your engine# then even if it isn't the correct number, you will probably never be able to change it anyhow.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I only have a SAL number on my Series II Alpine but no serial number. Is there any cross reference material in a vault somewhere that could ever help me find the serial number.
Best regards,

Jack

Jack quick question, do you by chance happen to have another tag that says SAS26X ? if you are really interested in serial numbers you can rub the pain on the RHS of the engine bay scuttle and get the chassis number.

65beam

Donation Time
vin number

look on the panel behind the drivers seat just below the flange where the rear package (seat) meets the floor panel.i have had a couple series 2's that had the vin number located there also.

jack Bacon

Donation Time
My Series II Alpine has a Series I engine with a Series V overdrive transmission. The dataplate was missing so I installed a reproduction from SS. The small tag by the data plate and the VIN tag is missing. I will check behind the rear seat as suggested. The car was registered using the SAL number.

Thanks, Jack

sunbeammadd

Donation Time
I've got the same problem on my III. The only tag still attached to the car when I got it was the SAL number. It doesn't have the original engine. The registration papers quote the SAL number as the chassis number. III's never had the number stamped anywhere. And no document is known to exist to match SAL numbers with chassis numbers. So sadly my car's number will forever remain a mystery. :(

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have a couple tags and titles from parted Series II's and III's. Series II was blue and a gold and red III.

Is that legal?

:eek:

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have a couple tags and titles from parted Series II's and III's. Series II was blue and a gold and red III.

Is that legal?

:eek:
Probably not. But Alpines are not high value cars and no-one seems to care. Had one guy approach me to buy the plate, or rather exchange plates, from my Orchid Green body. Had to tell him it was for a mid range Commodore Blue vehicle. I think there are lots and lots of Alpines with funky documentation.

Bill

Sy Block

Platinum Level Sponsor
SAL Number

If I have the VIN plate for my Series 3, is there any way to figure out the SAL Plate number?

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I could be wrong (I usually am) but I seem to recall on the earlier cars, the SAL number is stamped on the in the rear seat area.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sy, go to the top of this page and clck on SAOCA Info You will see Registry click on "View" follow the instructions for your Series and perhaps you will see your vin and be able to cross reference from a PO that might have "registered here withe the SAOCA.

DanR