• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Someone took my place!

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
:D OK who is the impostor that is driving the copy cat Sunbeam Alpine in Cleveland OK??? My car pals back home thought I had moved back, really the same color? Looks like a lot better paint job and those bumpers are spotless. Whoever it is your looking good keep up the good work representing the most awesome cars ever Sunbeam Alpine! If anyone knows who this is??

Donna
:D

Attachments

• 13346231_1296017800427346_1960675780770071678_o.jpg
    13346231_1296017800427346_1960675780770071678_o.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 13350474_1296017787094014_6363732794609378857_o.jpg
    13350474_1296017787094014_6363732794609378857_o.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 52

alpine_64

Donation Time
Damn .. I'd be worried about that rear valence behind the soft top.... it was not really designed to take that much weight.... hopefully not a siv or the top covering panel will be looking rather second hand :(

65beam

Donation Time
place

Back when seat belts were not a requirement there were many times that I found myself driving around with four or five guys in or on the series 4. Any guesses where three of them set? this is common practice in parades.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Back when seat belts were not a requirement there were many times that I found myself driving around with four or five guys in or on the series 4. Any guesses where three of them set? this is common practice in parades.

It also explains why so many of the cars with the metal covers have damaged and bowed and ill fitting centre sections. :rolleyes:

I have had 2 people in the back of the alpine a few times, but they were females and could fit sitting east/west. Bob, what kind of parades were all these events you were entering that required you to carry around all these mensoo often? Ohio must have been a progressive places in the late 60's.

65beam

Donation Time
place

MICHAEL,
I didn't say I hauled them in parades. In small town U.S.A. people perched on the back of cars is still common during parades. Back in the 60's we didn't have to have a reason to pile several guys in a car. It was just a thing for friends to do. It was fun ! But as time moved on the area behind the seats became the area to haul kids and diaper bags, not a bunch of friends. Although I did mention to the kid when he was up from Florida two weeks ago about taking a 6 month old for a ride in the series 4 but he reminded me that we now need to secure the car seat. Dang law changes !

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Donna, where did you find these pics? I am in the Cleveland area and would like to know where these pics were taken. Looks like a Memorial Day parade maybe.

Tom

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Cleveland, Oklahoma

:D Pictures were taken in Cleveland, Oklahoma on June 4th 2016 in the evening for the Cruise Night. They line up just outside of town and drive in park and visit, small town America. I cannot tell if this copy cat is just like my car and a GT or if they are sitting on the ST metal covers. I would never allow anyone to sit back there unless they were a small under 50lb person. Person taking this picture is a close friend (Larry) president of the Pontiac Indian Nations Car Club and knows my Sunbeam well. I kept showing up to all the cruise ins over 10 years with Vicki the Alpine, sometimes Skybaby my 07 Saturn Sky. Larry owned the sister car to Skybaby the GXP Solstice but sold it already. I am sure a lot of the gear heads that knew me were doing a double take since I for so many years had the ONLY sunbeam alpine that showed up at car shows and cruise ins.

Donna
;)

65beam

Donation Time
someone

Donna,
Tom spent too much time Saturday in the hot Indiana sun. It was a hot day and he wasn't the only one trying to figure out if this was Cleveland Ohio. Just didn't look right.