• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

14" tires

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
I'm thinking of purchasing 14x6 & 14x7 wheels. For a stock SV, what size tires are you guys using? (in other words, don't go bigger than ? or they'll scrape!)

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
I have 185-R65 X 14s on my Series 5. No rubs and superior handling. They're on 7" American Dragmaster aluminum wheels, sometimes referred to as "slot mags".

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
The tires on mine.. pics in For Sale forum.. 185 65 14 on Pinto or MustangII factory wheels. Fits great.. next size up will rub on the front valence a little bit

alpine_64

Donation Time
Mike there are many variables for clearance. Is the car lowered, have the springs sagged, are the rubber insulators still in the front suspension? Has the front valence been trimmed before is the seam of the lip of the rear arch untrimmed?

Then there is the offset of the wheels, they will also make a difference, especially on the fronts, to deep a rim to the outside will have the wheel/ tyre outside the front guard and at risk of grabbing the front valence.

On the front the outside wheel turning into a corner can catch the front valence, and on the rears the sidewall can make contact with the seam of the wheel arch lip.

I run 14x6 on both my cars with 195/60/14 on front and 205/60/14 rears. My alpine runs stock ride height and bodywork it's still quite close on the front, the tiger is lowred and has the front valence trimmed.... I was missing the front insulator on the right side of the tiger and the 195/60 did touch the edge of the front guard on left turns if there was off camber roads or depression.

So measure and choose wheels carefully