• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

lemans rocker cover badge

alpine_64

Donation Time
Guys,

Sorry for the sloe reply... been under the pump and hadnt had a chance to get back to this... hopefully later this week i can finish off the model and we can do some research into CNC'íng a few.

napa 1

Donation Time
Please put me down for one as well. I have one, but it's a little rough, so I'd love a fresh one. Awesome work Michael.

John.

valueextra

Bronze Level Sponsor
progress

Het guys, sorry for delay in response... i actually got this part sorted a week or so back but got a bit sidetracked with work... still some refinement to be done.. but its underway and at least can show you guys something is happening.
Michael did you ever get anywhere with these thanks

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Good point. Almost forgot about him wanting to do the repro. How is your HLM progressing ?

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Noted. Things are not always moving as expected. If my body shop continues with the current pace mine will also be painted by summer . Keep fingers crossed...

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hey guys.. Wow old thread! Flashback. I did and remember doing the 3dm of the badge. The issue with the cnc was for the texture inside the recess areas.. If cnc the texture while lumpy wouldnt have the cast look.

You could 3d print them and the it right, in either metal or a heat resisent plastic.

Id have to dig up the 3d file off a backup hdd

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
The issue with the cnc was for the texture inside the recess areas.. If cnc the texture while lumpy wouldnt have the cast look.

Hmm. What if you made it a 3 step process? Mill the recesses, blast it with a coarse grit to get the ‘cast’ look, then do the final milling for the top bits?

g.boat

Donation Time
Michael,
I'd be happy to take one as machined and sort out my own finish. Personally I'm not to concerned about the detail and am content that anyone can tell its not original.
Regards
Andy

valueextra

Bronze Level Sponsor
progress

Het guys, sorry for delay in response... i actually got this part sorted a week or so back but got a bit sidetracked with work... still some refinement to be done.. but its underway and at least can show you guys something is happening.
Hi Michael did you ever get anywhere with the repro rocker cover badge thanks

alpine_64

Donation Time
No.. didn't progress.. that said .. I have made a friend recently who has a long history with sunbeams ( still has a sII and SV) that can repro them 100% accurately with both can and has the staff to hand finish correctly the texture.
I didn't find my 3dm file I had done back in 2014... I probably still have the badge scan and measurement from Steve Silverstein somewhere... Unless someone with one wants to provide me the info and I can model it again

valueextra

Bronze Level Sponsor
No.. didn't progress.. that said .. I have made a friend recently who has a long history with sunbeams ( still has a sII and SV) that can repro them 100% accurately with both can and has the staff to hand finish correctly the texture.
I didn't find my 3dm file I had done back in 2014... I probably still have the badge scan and measurement from Steve Silverstein somewhere... Unless someone with one wants to provide me the info and I can model it again
hopefully someone will have the info.also my lemans never had a body number badge on when I got it is there anyway to find the body number.I have a badge of a scrapped car I could re stamp .thanks