• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bypassing brake booster

bohemianway

Donation Time
Since every winter the brakes are dry and I don't think the booster works anyway so I removed the short brake line from the booster to the proportioning valve. Then I removed the line from the master to the booster and reformed it to loop back to the proportioning valve. Brakes seem to work fine but I am just looking for verification if this is the proper method to bypass the booster.

Thank you,
Charles

65beam

Donation Time
booster

you did it right. FYI, there is not a proportioning valve on alpines. that piece of brass is a junction block.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
bohemianway, What car ? What size bore for your brake cylinder?

You may need to down size the bore dia to get a softer pedal.

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
bohemianway, What car ? What size bore for your brake cylinder?

You may need to down size the bore dia to get a softer pedal.

Got that right. I made mistake and went one size up (had a new one off a Triumph that fit.) Now it like standing on a rock. I have to throw the anchor out early sometimes! It stops fine but doesn't give a level of confidence always.

bohemianway

Donation Time
Stock SV

It is a stock SV with original master and standard brake parts. Pedal feel seems to be fine but I am used to manual brake and HD clutchs.

Thanks for the replys,
Charles