• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Darksiders United - West Coast and beyond

daniel luna

Donation Time
Darksiders meet

I have been waiting to meet all the south california
sunbeam members that may be able to show up.
so I would like to say, awsome!
see you all on the 04/27/2014

Jon H

Donation Time
Kelly,

I plan on being there around 1:00. The rewiring of the car will not be complete so its will stay in the garage this year.

Jon

kmathis

Donation Time
Well, glad you are coming, you don't have to have a running car to attend, mine wasn't running, the first time we had it either, it was running last year, but I blew my motor when my throttle stuck last August...I had custom pistons made, and they made them wrong, so I still don't have my block back from the machine shop...crazy!

I go out to the garage and stare.:cool:

Gitnrusty

Donation Time
Darksiders

Hi Kelly.
Wife and I were unable to make it last year but will not miss attending this time.
Please put us down for two this Sunday. See you all there!:D

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Busy day

Opposite the Rolling British in San Diego County, Fab Fords at Knott's,"Tiger hang out," and Woodley park British where I will be.

Bummer as it sounds like a great gig.

kmathis

Donation Time
Great weekend for cars, I guess.

I will post all of the fun and excitement on a drop box post for all to see...:)

I will have my GoPro Camera going too.:cool:

lillypad

Donation Time
Address

Kelly
Could you please text me your address?
I'll be driving over around 12 :00
Thanks
John

gordonra

Donation Time
Thanks to Kelly for hosting another great event! It was a good turnout again this year. Not quite as good as last year and only three alpines present this time. Seems that everyone has got theirs in progress and couldn't quite get them together in time for the event.

Several didn't show that indicated they would, but we won't hold that against them.

Friendly folks and some good food made for a nice time!

Rich

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Darksider soiree at Kelly's

Good times, great food and Sunbeams on a cool day in Yorba Linda. We had a great time meeting and visiting with lots of folks only known on this forum by their user ID. Thanks to the guys that DID bring their V6 cars. With so many still under construction we should have a bunch of them for next year, wherever it's held. There was some discussion about maybe next year in Arizona. Two years ago we had a good turnout and good BBQ. A big thank you to Kelly for hosting this year's bash. We have about 55 or so Sunbeamers in AZ with about 60% in Tucson and 40% in Phoenix. Will run it by Dave Green in Tucson to see what we can come up with. Only 3 V6 cars in AZ but there is a core group of Sunbeam owners that usually show up. It was good to visit with Jose on Skype and I think he enjoyed being a part of today's activities.

Cactusmasher Jim and Rita

birdfan56

Platinum Level Sponsor
Sunbeam Sunday

Thanks for hosting our third annual get-together Kelly...another very nice afternoon in Yoruba linda! Hopefully, by the next one more cars, including mine, will be roadworthy for the trip. A great chance to swap ideas, meet new friends, and get motivated to get 'em rolling! Sunbeam season has arrived!

gbinckes

Silver Level Sponsor
I agree with everyone else's comments, it was great to meet some members for the first time and always nice to see a lot of the same people again! I particularly enjoyed scoping out Rich's V6 (that extra alternator brace is a great idea) and Daniel's custom made fuel tank for the Series II. Oh, and the food was great too! Hopefully my Alpine will be ready for next years event, wherever it may be!

Thanks Kelly, you are a great host!!

- Garet and Owen

SeanP

Donation Time
Sorry I could not make it guys sounds like it was a good time!

I may have to clean or replace my S2 fuel tank in the near future. Any details or pics of Daniel's custom tank?

Thanks

kmathis

Donation Time
Your Welcome, you guys and gals; we really had a great time, the furthest traveled was John (lilipad) from Florida, followed by Kevin from Walnut Creek, and Kenyan also from the bay area. And all of us local V6ers here in SoCal.
What a fun time, and Daniel Luna stopped by with a V6 conversion that he did 15 years ago, and still his daily driver.:)

Hey, I spoke to my engine shop, and as you may know, I was having custom pistons made, which arrived incorrectly manufactured...they stuck out of the cylinder .075; not good. But, anyway, they did determine that the info we gave them was correct, but somehow the guy taking the info, changed it, and there was the discrepancy. So, who knows, I may get my engine together before summer after all.

It is always a pleasure to hang with you Sunbeamers.

d.works66

Donation Time
Good Times!!

Hey There Guys,

I just wanted to add my two cents to the many thanks to Kelly for hosting the get together this last Sunday!! And thanks to the rest of the Guys and GALS that were there to show their cars and storys. Oh... And many thanks for getting my Girlfriend hooked on the V6 Sunbeam!! Good Times are on the way!!:D:cool:

gbinckes

Silver Level Sponsor
Sorry I could not make it guys sounds like it was a good time!

I may have to clean or replace my S2 fuel tank in the near future. Any details or pics of Daniel's custom tank?

Thanks

Sean,

It was Daniel Luna, and he did a TON of custom work on his Alpine, not just the gas tank (hazard lights, trunk/underhood lights, plastic interior panels, etc.). I think he is listed as "Daniel Luna", you can try sending him a PM, or hopefully he will post more info/pics here. Thanks!

Jon H

Donation Time
Kelly and all,

So sorry I didn't make it over. My daughter came home from College on Sunday, family first.

kmathis

Donation Time
Family does come first, indeed.
Let me know, or any of us, if you need any help, sometimes Rich and I, and the Tiger Club meet at Cars and Coffee, for a few hours, maybe I will see you there. I will let you know when we're going.:)