• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series 1725 engine/trans

Charles Johns

Donation Time
I am NEW to sports cars though I have owned 2 series V Alpines for 20+ years. I plan to build one but 20 years ago I built the 1725 engine for one...but never fired it. I do turn it over once a year by hand. Reason? I was a car builder (street rods) and gunsmith who had a car NUT build a 4 bay shop behind my house where I built cars. Building cars and guns (I had a federal firearms license for years) keeps one busy, especially when I went to work for a city police dept. to get some retirement funds built up! What is an engine worth...w/trans and wo/trans? I have two bodies to make one and will sell the engine/trans or build second car to sell. All depends on if $$ is worth effort to build!? Any help is appreciated. chasj43@gmail.com or 254-643-4867 for questions. I am 70 years old but still very active and in fairly good health and looking forward to my "sports car" years learning all I can about little buggers with big motors!

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Yeah, I like to build engines and never start them and then turn them over just once a year. What's it worth? Priceless! This is a great place to sell stuff. I'll give you $300 for both cars and everything you have that's Sunbeam. Make sure everything is "clean" when I take delivery. I don't want any federal firearms hiding in a door panel or anything like that.

Charles Johns

Donation Time
John I actually did the engine build as stated but NEVER leave guns in cars. Working the last 10 years for a police dept. makes one extra careful. I gave an officer his gun back after working on it and the next day he killed a guy with it to stop that guy from killing his partner. I worked on police cars, police dept. guns, fire trucks, ambulances and life-saving equipment (jaws-of-life, etc.) so I take my work very seriously as it is referred to as No-Second-Chance work! When the call comes in the vehicle MUST go or the equipment must work. I also had a Nextel phone on my hip for 10 years 24/7...even on vacation. I assume your $300.00 offer is a joke!?

d.works66

Donation Time
Sunbeam

John I actually did the engine build as stated but NEVER leave guns in cars. Working the last 10 years for a police dept. makes one extra careful. I gave an officer his gun back after working on it and the next day he killed a guy with it to stop that guy from killing his partner. I worked on police cars, police dept. guns, fire trucks, ambulances and life-saving equipment (jaws-of-life, etc.) so I take my work very seriously as it is referred to as No-Second-Chance work! When the call comes in the vehicle MUST go or the equipment must work. I also had a Nextel phone on my hip for 10 years 24/7...even on vacation. I assume your $300.00 offer is a joke!?

Great chating with you!!:cool: