• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fuel shut-off valve

twospeed

Donation Time
This came off my SIII, it shuts the fuel off when you push down.
It was mounted on the intlet side of the fuel pump,is it a original part?

Attachments

• IMG_2106.jpg
    IMG_2106.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 127

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yep, it sure is. I think these were only used on the SIII cars. They do tend to leak a bit, so mind you tend to the seals, which if I recall, are cork. Indeed, leaking is likely why they dropped them after only that one run of cars.

Triumph TR-2 and TR-3's also came with them, although theirs was a more robust valve.

agmason54

Donation Time
2 speed,
I think yours is missing a little spring steel clip that keeps the piece with the O ring postitioned.I believe the screw held it on...I forgot to look at one today to be sure.
Agm

twospeed

Donation Time
2 speed,
I think yours is missing a little spring steel clip that keeps the piece with the O ring postitioned.I believe the screw held it on...I forgot to look at one today to be sure.
Agm
That screw goes into a groove on the side of the barrel and keeps it from pulling out. Still might be missing a spring piece,dont know.

agmason54

Donation Time
2 Spd,
Me either without looking....I have them if you feel like trading something of equal like worthless value...
Al

agmason54

Donation Time
2 Spd.
I glanced down at an SIII fuel pump today and that screw does hold a spring steel clip that keeps the plunger in position....
Al

Sy Block

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi
I just got an original NOS shut off valve and was thinking of installing it onto my Series 3. Of course, it came without the cork seals. When I looked on the associated web site, there were three different types of seals. Do you know which is the correct one and do you think its even worth installing due to eventual leaking?
Thanks
Sy Block