• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Darksider for Sale

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
It belongs to Omar Luna, a friend of mine. He has done a lot to it since I last saw it. He´s the guy in the picture.

It was put together with one of my kits about 11 years ago. It does look great though. I´m surprised he´s selling it, since his wife didn´t want him to sell it.

Jose

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Amazing comments from people who don't know what they're talking about. Looks like a great car to me. Heck, you couldn't get one that far along for that money.

ducsingle

Donation Time
Amazing comments from people who don't know what they're talking about.

There are a small number of folks posting on BaT who rely on the site to feed their over-size egos. After awhile, you figure out who those folk are and ignore their comments. The guys who run BaT are actually pretty cool.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I was asked what I think of this Alpine by a couple of guys. My answer is, if I had the 10K, I would own it in a heart beat.

The Folks that posted negative comments on BAT, have no clue about anything. They just like to bloviate. There is no way, you could build this kind of Alpine for what he´s asking for it.

Jose

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I was asked what I think of this Alpine by a couple of guys. My answer is, if I had the 10K, I would own it in a heart beat.

The Folks that posted negative comments on BAT, have no clue about anything. They just like to bloviate. There is no way, you could build this kind of Alpine for what he´s asking for it.

Jose

Agreed, should meet asking price easily with this exposure.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Sorry to read Omar is selling this. He let me drive it around the block several years ago when he was just getting it sorted out. Very peppy. The seats were comfortable but too high for me; might be OK if you're under 6'.

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Some of the comments are interesting, such as :

"It’s a $10K Sunbeam, get over it. $10K isn’t buying much anymore these days. For the guy that wants a fun vintage car as a driver, this looks like a fun opportunity."

And how about this one:

"If a V8 swapped Alpine is an Alger, then i guess this is an “Alpri†or a “Alproncoâ€, depending on the donor?"

1fineAlpine

Gold Level Sponsor
CL alpine

I just like to remember that every body on the internet is a professional at everything. Until they leave their keyboards, it'll separate builders from buyers. The people that are posting negative comments probably have never done half the work that went into that Alpine. They just buy a car, put some rims, intake, and have the exhaust done and figure they built their car from the ground up... Just upsets me to see people knock other peoples work for no reason.