• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Singer Vogue Estate Project

Bratfink

Donation Time
Hi All,

Just thought I'd drop a thread about the project I have been planning for a while and finally got round to starting.

To be honest I haven't really thought through all the issues yet I will be taking a bit more of a linear engineering approach, but the basic goal is as follows:

2L turbo engine.
Manual transmission.
Independant rear end.
4 wheel disc brakes.

This might happen incrimentally since each of the goals is quite large on this chassis, for instance I will probably end up having to custom make a front subframe to fit around the engine and reset all the steering.

Attachments

• 100_3789.jpg
    100_3789.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 100_3791.jpg
    100_3791.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 100_3794.jpg
    100_3794.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 68
  • 100_3795.jpg
    100_3795.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 100_3802.jpg
    100_3802.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 67

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Quite an unusual project, the kind I really like. Looks like maybe some steering arm interference, or is that an illusion? You mention "reset all the steering". Does that mean something like a Mutt II transplant?

Bill

Bratfink

Donation Time
Yes, I was thinking of doing a custom front subframe.

Rather than Muzzy II, I prefer the idea of using Merkur running gear. The Muzzy II was always a terrible car with terrible handling, I don't see any reason to transfer the terribleness to the Singer! I have also been looking at E36 BMW's for running gear transplants.

The problem is staying away from a McPhearful strut, as we all know the front end geometry of the Rootes cars was closer to double wishbone and actually handled very well for the era. Trouble is fitting anything around that huge rounded K frame!

Bratfink

Donation Time
Update:

Merkur rear end acquired. I am now lining everything up to get the pinion mounted before I go back to looking at engine and trans location.