• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

looking for a passenger seat for a series 5

RandeBell

Donation Time
Pair of red seats

As of 4/26, eBay has a pair of diaphragm seats(meaning B395-Ser V #1 and later) in RED. The Buy It Now cost is $500 plus shipping(from Colorado), but they've been listed for a month with no takers. The diaphragms are all shot, can't tell about the padding, and the covers themselves have burst their sewed seams. I know it's a pair rather than just a passenger seat, but maybe the seller can be convinced to lower the cost, they're otherwise complete with seat tracks, and if you can't make use of the smooth red upholstery, maybe someone in the Alpine/Tiger community would like original red trim that could be repaired, and you could sell it separately. I'm not the seller, and the smooth finish upholstery isn't correct for my Tiger, but they're tempting if the price can be dropped.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
You gotta be careful when buying Series 3-V seats because the bases often have broken or rotted welds. Tho the weld problems are pretty easy to spot, a bigger problem is hidden rot in the side panels of the base where the fabric is pulled down and fastened to the bottom lip. If you squeeze and twist the panel and it seems firm you may be okay but many will flex and crunch, meaning the panels are rotted and will need to be fabricated.

BTW, I should have a solid seat that will be a good core to recover if you still need one.

Thx, Mark ..... volvoguys

Bill Tubbs

Donation Time
Yes, I'll double check the welds and look at the passenger seat for comparison. BTW, if Mark has a known quantity, go for it, Ed.

Last edited: