• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Plastic Shifter Cover housings

howard

Donation Time
I'm out of the Alpine scene now, but still have possession of 4 plastic shifter covers for the SIV automatic. Rick "Skywords" produced them for us several years ago, and we've sold a number to fellow enthusiasts in order to recoup his financial outlay. Unfortunately, I don't know how to get hold of Rick (I believe he moved from Arizona to Oregon?) and I need to get these covers out of my hands to someone who either wants them or can "hold" them until the last 4 are used. If I get no reply, I'll assume there's no interest and will toss them.

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Von, Just sent you a PM. Those original automatic shift cover reproductions probably will never be made again. Just thought I'd "bold" it up in case someone googles it maybe even years from now.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Von. If no one wants to buy any now, I would be happy to replace you as the keeper of covers. I could bring them to the Invasion and see if I could peddle any of them there. Send me an email or private message and we can work out the details.

howard

Donation Time
Thanks Jim- I have had someone volunteer to keep them for future needs. Now I need to ship them, as there's already a request for one.

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
I still have two (or maybe three) excellent reproductions (same ones mentioned above) that I received from Von (that "Skywords" so graciously [and painstakingly] made long ago). You'll need to add lettering (if so desired). PM your address and one is yours (postage is my pleasure).

I can think of 10,000 comments about what you're doing , which I understand to be upgrading a manual transmission Alpine to the BW35. ... What you're doing is as "cool" as it gets. If you live in an urban area, you're going to love an automatic Alpine.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
Could someone post a pic of what this cover looks like? I already have a repop of a late sixties mustang cover for my project, but am curious as to what the original looked like.

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor
What I have, useable but worn with cracks.

Attachments

• DSC00023.JPG
    DSC00023.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC00024.JPG
    DSC00024.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC00025.JPG
    DSC00025.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC00026.JPG
    DSC00026.JPG
    229.3 KB · Views: 32

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
I owned a very nice '66 Sprint Stang convertible (that I sold 9 years ago) that had a similar shifter in it. That shifter was "okay," IMO, but I like everything about an Alpine much better, especially the original design.

alpine_64

Donation Time
The alpine one attempts to look somewhat sporty.. With the base having the gear pattern and markings and a somewhat "sport" rubber boot/glove look to the gaitor cover.

A solution to keep it period lookign if you can find a repro would be to have a leather glove made. Amd maybe a metal retaining base plate with the gear locations engraved on the side