• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Soutnern California Driving Event

serIIalpine

Donation Time
Southern California Driving Event

Gentlemen:

I've decided to organize my own vintage driving event and have selected the weekend of March 17th and 18th as the weekend to hold the inaugural event.

Basically it is a two day over night event were vintage car enthusiasts and their faithful steeds to get out and shake off the winter cobwebs and get the years sports touring events off to a great start.

The exact route and overnight destination have yet to be decided but this information will be determined ASAP and you will all be notified.

I'm thinking up north around Ojai or maybe out east somewhere. The two main considerations are great roads and a reasonably priced hotel with a large hot tub.

Once a destination/hotel has been determined you will be responsible for your own reservations etc.

The event is invitation only. Basically, you are invited and anyone you would like to invite is also welcome.

While the event is open to all vintage cars I'd like to see a bunch of Sunbeams tearing it up.

If you think you'd like to come please let me know so I can keep you informed.

Thanks everyone. I look forward to hearing from you all.

Eric
'62 Sunbeam Alpine

serIIalpine

Donation Time
Ladies and Gentlemen:

So I have found a hotel that will cheerfully accommodate our group AND has a hot tub AND heated pool!

The Yucca Valley Travelodge, which some of you might remember it from the SoCalTT as the Yucca Inn. It has been completely remodeled and they have offered us a great group rate which gets better the more people we can bring. It is the beginning of their spring season so it is imperative that we all call and book our rooms ASAP.

Room rates are in the $60-$75 range.

Here is the number to call: (760) 365-3311 ‎and tell them you are with the Vintage Car Rally to get the group rate. I put a hold on the poolside rooms for our group so if this is what you'd like make sure to let them now. With these rooms the pool is out the back and you you can park your car right outside your room.

I've been looking at lots of great route options and as soon as I can make sure all the roads are passable and as fun as they look on a map I'll lock down a map and keep you all informed.

I'm looking into having T-shirts made so if you'd like one please let me know what size/how many. I'll be selling them at cost so the price should be low.

I have a few surprises planned so this should be a great event.

Please let me know when you have made your reservations so I can add you to the participants list and print you a route map. Driver and passenger names and car info is also great.

I look forward to seeing you all on the road.

Spread the word!

Thanks

Eric Wortmann

RallyePosterCard.jpg

steven

Donation Time
Sounds great, hope you have a great roolup. A lot of pictures for those of us that live on the other side of the BIG pond. :)
Steven